Whats more Dangerous? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
KCW

Garage
Whats more Dangerous?

Ive been riding for 6 years now.

Whats more dangerous?

Riding a MC, or a rolled up carpet in a dark room?
My broken toe says... carpet! cant ride for 3 weeks.

Riding or Pneumonia?
Pneumonia put me in the hospital for a day 3 years ago. If I had not gone to the hospital I would have died (blood pressure dropping, pulse racing, severe dehydration).
MC... never.

Riding or a gall bladder attack?
Gall bladder sent me to the ER on Easter Sunday after dinner 2 years ago,
MC... never.

From my personal experience riding for 6 years, personal injuries and risk of death has come from other things.

Last edited by KCW; 07-22-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:19 AM

Garage
Umm...you raise an interesting question. When I had my gall bladder out I couldn’t ride for six weeks because it burst. When I got bit by a brown recluse spider on my left calf, I couldn’t ride for four weeks, so I feel you! I feel safer riding in and around my farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KCW and Deeksvstarclassic like this.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Umm...you raise an interesting question. When I had my gall bladder out I couldn’t ride for six weeks because it burst. When I got bit by a brown recluse spider on my left calf, I couldn’t ride for four weeks, so I feel you! I feel safer riding in and around my farm.

I meant I feel safer riding than working in and around my farm. I love living in the country but it has its challenges.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:57 AM

Garage
Some times we need to protect ourselves from our self.
Keith Post and Yamaha Pat like this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
KCW

Garage
^ or the person who moved the rolled up carpet from one room to another.... :^O
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:48 PM

Garage
^ what if you bit your lip??????????????
Keith Post likes this.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:00 PM

Garage
Well you know if you would have had your gear on you would not have broke your toe....something to think about...or since you are going to be laid up for a few weeks you might want to install some motion sensor lights and some steel toed slippers....all in good fun...please do not take serious...

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 02:23 PM

There are two kinds of people in this world: good people who have rid themselves of the heinous gall bladder, and bad people who walk around with those little sacks full of liquid evil.

It's really quite simple.
Keith Post, KCW, graybeard and 2 others like this.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
KCW

Garage
^ not ready to ditch the gall bladder

the Easter Sunday attack was the first time it was really bad, and did not know what it was - before that it was minor discomfort, like a gassy stomach

now that I know what it is (not an exploding appendix or anything dangerous) and I know what things set it off, I can deal with it, and mostly Ive been able to avoid it.

For me taking a walk usually works the bile thru the duct and the pressure is gone. I have noticed that when it releases all at once it can make you nauseated. But I know what that is too and can get thru it.

The gall bladder does have a purpose, if you eat fatty food and your gall bladder has been removed, you will get diarrhea. I understand for some people the organ gets so bad it has to come out, but if it can be managed then its not that bad.

The last time it acted up I ate one of those $2 bags of M&Ms while out riding all day. About 10PM that night I was reminded why those bags are for sharing...

I guess I should mention, Im not in that bad of shape with my new broken toe. Dr gave me an official Neil Armstrong Moon Sandal to keep my toes flat when I walk, and to leave historic footprints everywhere I go.

I think I can get my riding boot on, its my right foot, so I can brake gently, and plant my foot on the heal... I cant imagine not riding for a whole 3 weeks... we'll see how it goes. If it was my left foot I dont think I would be able to upshift.
Keith Post, lesblank and Cliffieg like this.

Last edited by KCW; 07-22-2019 at 07:18 PM.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:25 PM

Mine came out at 27 yrs. Stone city! Used to roll around on the floor in pain. Nurse told me she would rather give birth again rather than have another gall bladder attack. Can’t speak to that, but mine were bad. Bathroom after-effects were never a big deal for me...body adapted quickly after removal.

Sorry your toe is jacked. I recommend holding onto the toe at least on a temporary basis and jettisoning the wretched slime sack yesterday. It’s sorta like the appendix—largely expendable—except it contains pure liver-distilled Satan liquor. Bad for ya!

BTW, I stayed in a holiday inn express last night and, yes, I am a Doctor of Bile Organs.
Keith Post, lesblank, KCW and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode