Pacific Coast Star Original Touring Seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 9Likes
  • 1 Post By Authentic Poser
  • 1 Post By blackadder
  • 2 Post By Redbird58
  • 2 Post By graybeard
  • 1 Post By NorthernRider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Pacific Coast Star Original Touring Seat

Anyone try this seat ?
Redbird58 likes this.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 11:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Poser View Post
Anyone try this seat ?
I haven't. Just got a Mustang seat. But wow, the prices on those are pretty attractive.
Redbird58 likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackadder View Post
I haven't. Just got a Mustang seat. But wow, the prices on those are pretty attractive.
Yeah, that's why I wanted to see if anybody has tried one.

Been looking for a used Mustang with a driver backrest. Hard to find.
Redbird58 likes this.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 11:53 AM

Garage
Hmmm That is interesting. I will for sure be watching this thread for updates. I am looking to upgrade my stock seat as well but some of the options are cost prohibitive at this time. I did come across a used one that included a taller windshield. I have to petition the war department for permission to view it again...Keep us posted! But it looks like you have a back rest on your avatar picture. Is that a stock seat on your bike currently?

09 V Star 950

Be seen and be heard! Bright lights and loud pipes!

Enjoy the ride
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird58 View Post
Hmmm That is interesting. I will for sure be watching this thread for updates. I am looking to upgrade my stock seat as well but some of the options are cost prohibitive at this time. I did come across a used one that included a taller windshield. I have to petition the war department for permission to view it again...Keep us posted! But it looks like you have a back rest on your avatar picture. Is that a stock seat on your bike currently?
Yeah. It's a stock seat. The lady I bought the bike from added the backrest to the bike. It's an aftermarket part but I love it. Don't think I could ride too long without it.
Redbird58 likes this.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer

Last edited by Authentic Poser; Today at 12:00 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 12:24 PM

Garage
The stock seat just seems to really aggravate my noassatall issue...After about 45 min to an hour of riding I gotta stand up. Wifey does not seem interested in riding with me so it makes the sale of a new seat a little tougher...but hey I convinced her to marry me 35 years ago...maybe I could schmoooze her once again...
lesblank and graybeard like this.

09 V Star 950

Enjoy the ride

Last edited by Redbird58; Today at 12:45 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 01:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird58 View Post
The stock seat just seems to really aggravate my noassatall issue...After about 45 min to an hour of riding I gotta stand up. Wifey does not seem interested in riding with me so it makes the sale of a new seat a little tougher...but hey I convinced her to marry me 35 years ago...maybe I could schmoooze her once again...
I've still got a stock seat. I had a very hard time staying in the saddle for the 150 miles or so between gas stops. The first couple of hours weren't too bad, but after that I was like you, 45 min to an hour and my butt was complaining.

I got a gel pad and that has mostly fixed the problem -- except at the end of a long day on the road. 150 miles between stops is pushing it by the end of the day. So far, between gas stops, food stops, scenic view stops, etc, I'm mostly doing ok. Might not be true on a week long road trip, though.

What I'm hearing here is that the after market seats cure that completely. The expensive ones like Mustang. I'm not sure I'm believing it. Even sitting in a comfortable car for 300 miles can be tiresome.
lesblank and Redbird58 like this.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 05:36 PM

Garage
I asked a question a few months ago about air or gel seat pads and the results were mixed. I decided to stay away from them due to the positive feedback regarding the replacement seats. What is pretty compelling about this option is the price of course and the possibility that you could replace the seat only and not worry about the passenger pad. The Mustang and the Ultimate and Corbin are kind of pricey especially if I need to add a passenger seat that more than likely will never get used.

I agree about the car seats although I was in a rental once that had all of these fancy lumbar support settings...I have to admit I did kind of enjoy that!

09 V Star 950

Enjoy the ride
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 06:53 PM

Garage
I was looking at getting a new seat for my VStar but the prices kept me away too. I tried a gel pad but it really didn't help much. I did do a lot of research on them and I came the conclusion that Ultimate would fit my needs best. Mustangs are nice, and a lot of people love them but I heard they move you forward a bit and I didn't want to be any further forward than stock. Ultimate seats maintain the stock position and have excellent reviews. I didn't have the opportunity to try either of them though, so take this for what it is.

The Nomad has stock seats on it and I've ridden for hours without as much discomfort as I'd get in 45 minutes on the VStar. Yes I have to raise up and adjust after a couple of hours, but it's nothing like the stock Yammie seat. My wife is happy with the passenger seat too. I'm not going to bother upgrading them.
lesblank likes this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
I was looking at getting a new seat for my VStar but the prices kept me away too. I tried a gel pad but it really didn't help much. I did do a lot of research on them and I came the conclusion that Ultimate would fit my needs best. Mustangs are nice, and a lot of people love them but I heard they move you forward a bit and I didn't want to be any further forward than stock. Ultimate seats maintain the stock position and have excellent reviews. I didn't have the opportunity to try either of them though, so take this for what it is.
Same here. The ultimate seat is what I'd like to have. I'm just too tight to spend that much on a seat.
I wouldn't mind a mustang but I need the drivers backrest which means you have to buy the whole package: drivers seat & backrest and passenger seat. I've only found a few used and folks wanted $400.00. Can't bring myself to spend that much on a used seat.

Hickory North Carolina
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode