Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

What Motorcycle Lift or Jack do you use?

7K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  American 
#1 ·
So I'm in the market for a Motorcycle Jack. Just wanting to know which one you guys use or prefer. Lift or Jack?

#2 ·
I bought this one several years ago for $49.99 with a coupon. Thought I would replaced is soon. Used on my Honda CBs, Vstar 1100 and Harley. Might not be the best but has worked way better that I thought.

#5 ·
I'm not saying it's the best lift, but has got to be the best bang for the buck. Used it to pull tires on the 1100 multiple times, change shock, change oil, clean bike and many other maintenance items. I've also used it as a transmission jack on a Mustang, Blazer and Cutlass. Used it as a differential jack twice. The top rubber pads did come off a few years ago, but glued some old inner tubes in its place and still working great. Would I buy again, yes. Would I like something better, sure. But no reason for it.

#7 ·
My brother-in-law just bought one of these for his Harley and really likes it. It's a screw jack but doesn't have as much stuff to get in the way of working.

electronic dice roller

#13 ·
#17 ·
Can honestly say i never had any problems with mine. Stored my 1800 VTX on it for 10 winters about 3 months each. Changed both tires at the same time. Used it on my classic to clean spokes so far. Never a complaint or worry. There are spots to strap it on also.

Attachments

#20 ·
When it comes to working under and next to vehicles that are lifted with jacks and jack stands for me that is not the place to be looking for bargains, I do not nor will I ever shop by price for a lift or a jack stand.

Here is a Harbor Freight jack stand example:

There are places to save money and their are places that you just don't skimp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.