Scorpion EXO-100 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Scorpion EXO-100

I have been looking at maybe getting a new helmet. I saw the Scorpion EXO-100 helmet at my local dealer and was interested. I have not purchased one yet but am saving for it. I was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it. Currently I wear a 3/4 HJC CL5 or a Fulmer full-face depending on the weather conditions. I was thinking of a 1/2 helmet for the days when it is above 80 degs. I ride on a military installation and they require something covering my eyes besides my glasses. I like to ride in town with a shield and this helmet would allow me to do both with one helmet.

Just got a 09 V Star 1100 Silverado and love it. Still have a 93 Virago XV535 and love it as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 08:57 PM

ratceting shield

How about an openface with a ratcheting face shield? Raise it up or put it down.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/136-...10&results=100

Dave
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Dave,

Thought of that but like the clean look of the EXO-100. The shield retract into the helmet. Before I spend the $125US on one or two of them, thought I would get opinions from users.

Plus I would like not to have a sheild sticking above my helmet. Mostly I ride to work and only have to use a shield when I am on base. Once I leave, I would like to raise the shield and not have the extra drag at hwy speeds.

Thanks for the idea however.

Just got a 09 V Star 1100 Silverado and love it. Still have a 93 Virago XV535 and love it as well.

Last edited by Dirtballx2; 05-26-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 AM

I have the EXO-100, for the wife and I both. I LOVE THEM!!! I also have the EXO-400's. Scorpion products are the best bang for the buck, in my humble opinion. I use the 100 for daily driving, and the 400 for inclement weather. The disappearing faceshield is great. Normally I just wear my Wiley-X's when riding, but the the additional protection is great! I would highly recommend the EXO-100!!
Just my 2 cents! Shop around, and look on ebay, there are some for about $80 shipped!!

Faithful Lifetime Member of the Sheepdogs.

DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

Jerry,

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I was looking for, someone with first hand experience of the helmet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode