So Annoyed - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

So Annoyed

Ok so I need to blow some steam! For the other lady riders on here maybe they will understand.

I decided to force myself to get a full face helmet. I hate the way they feel since I am Claustrophobic and I have been wearing a 1/2 helmet for the past five years. I made the decision for a few reasons. I am a new rider and for the warmth. We are getting ready for a 10 hour each way ride in a month and the weather could be chilly.

Anyway so I went and tried on helmets and found one I like and that fits me. They only had an XL so they were going to check stores for me. It has been two days so I called back after I checked their website and it was not listed. So apparently the helmet is discontinued I checked for in stock all over California. No Luck. So I decided to go to a different store tonight. Found another helmet I liked but all they had was XL on the floor. I asked and he said that one is no available anymore either. So I looked at the other ones and lots of L and XL, XS but no Med.

It is so hard to find female friendly riding gear that is not just for looks but for riding as well. Is this just a sign to keep with my 1/2 helmet???? I figure if I am going to go through the trouble of wearing a full face it should have bright colors so cages can see me since my jacket and chaps are black. I also dont want to look like a boy (even with my pigtails coming out the back).

So if anyone has the Seven Zero Seven Bad Betty Vendetta helmet the want to sell in new condition let me know.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
That's a drag but for what it's worth the full face helmet will probably see more closet time then it will see riding time. I say this is because my wife rides and she bought a nice full face helmet and it sits in the garage collecting dust. She wears her half helmet all the time and when it cools off she puts on a neck sock that she pulls up over her face. Works for Washington state and it gets cold at times. Just a thought I hate to any body avoid safety.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 11:37 PM

When I got my first bike, I bought a modular helmet (Seven Zero Seven as well), and also ordered a cool half helmet I saw on Leatherup.com.

Guess which one I wear. Hint: see hdeater's post.

Leatherup.com might be the answer for you, though. I originally bought a Med even though I always wear a Large just based on the sizing chart on the website, but when I got the Medium, it was too small. I should've gone with my instincts.

Returns are no problem though, so now I have the same helmet in Large and all is well.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

That is exactly why I havent bought one. I do exactly what she does but I have also always had the protection of my boyfriend in front of me blocking the wind. I keep telling him I am afraid of waisting the $200+. He said worst case it collects dust like his in the garage and best case I use it in the winter.

The instructor at my MSF gave me so much grief for my 1/2 helmet that it got in my head a little. The part that I love about riding is what I love about hiking the smells the temprature changes and I am afraid I will lose that with a full face.

By the way I love your wife's bike. I thought I was going to get a white bike until I fell in love with mine.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 11:49 PM

Cycle Gear.com seems to have them in your size too.

Cool helmet....! (Well, for you.....not for me. )
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 PM

When I do use my full face, I ride with the shield up most of the time, and the wind noise is next to nothing, so there are advantages. And it is the "smart" thing to do.

That said, everything you said is the reason I usually reach for the smaller one......
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Cycle Gear is where I tried them on. They have the Vendetta the pink and white one but it is a different style the the bad betty. The one they have is a differnt series and it actually did not fit my head. Thanks for looking though. I bet I could find one at the rally worst case.

The guy at cycle gear told me to sit on my couch with it on to get used to it. We are heading to Santa Barbara for a practice ride before Reno so I was hoping to try it out on that ride. We plan on hitting Hearst Castle and I hear the fog can roll in along the shore.

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 AM

Yeah, you should probably have a full-face for a ride like that.

When I got my 707, it was a little tight on my jaw. The guy said to stick a football in it for a couple days. Worked great.....they do adjust a bit.

Good luck.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

if you're just looking for warmth and not necessarily the extra protection, i would recommend getting a neoprene mask. a LOT cheaper than a helmet. i use one in the winter and it does a great job of keeping my face warm, and it has a nose hole so you can find one like that where you can still smell just fine.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 07:01 AM

Hmm if you are getting a helmet for rare occasions or if you care about cost most walmarts sell FUEL helmets, it is what i wear and it is ok enough and only cost like 75. And DOT of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode