The "Other" Guys - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

The "Other" Guys

Shortly after I purchased my bike I started looking for a forum. I wanted to find out about mods for my bike such as a seat. I started reading the first one I came across. Seemed like a fun group of people with amazing looking bikes. I tried to join the forum so I could start asking some questions. I tried twice with no response and sent an email again no response. I have yet to receive a response or a user password. I then found you guys and said sign me up. I just looked at their forum and noticed all the new people.

I am assuming it is because I am a female that they did not respond. It is a shame to because we share the love of riding. I know I was on the back of the bike for 5 years and I am just now on my own but I bet I will pass up those weekend 4 mile riders in no time. Just because I am a female does not mean I just want to look cute on a pink vespa (Dont get me wrong I love pink). Motorcycling has been in my family with my Dad racing, my Mom used to ride (she wants one of those Spyders now) and my brother kneedragging his way around a race track and back country roads. I want to learn how to change the oil (which we did last weekend) just like the next person. I freeze my butt off in the winter when I just want to get out there and I dont care how cold it is and cant talk because my lips are frozen.

Just bums me out. If you are an all boys club that is cool just say so I can respect that but dont just not respond. Because then you are acting more female then I am.

So if any of you are members of that forum tell them I will blow them a kiss as I pass them.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 AM

Garage
OMG you are FEMALE? So much for the Boy's club now My wife took-up riding at 52 Some weeks this forum will have 100/150 new members and about 3% make a post or two. I is hard to respond to a lot of them . I don't think most of the forum member care-not if one is Female or male.(on this forum) But I think some might be---a shemale or a maleshe or what ever they might be called these days. Coming from a farming community, I'm use to women that get-r-done

Last edited by farmalldanzil; 09-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
If you are an all boys club that is cool just say so I can respect that but dont just not respond.

I haven't noticed that you've been treated any differently than any of the other members, and that includes our transgender representative Stratowart.

We do tend to have fun, but I've never seen anyone request technical assistance or advice and been turned away. Granted, that advice may include strange pictures and jokes, but sifting through the detritus you will always get the best advice available, and links to other helpful sources of information.

If you're overly sensitive or have an unusually large ego, you will find this forum a little rough and tumble from time to time. Some of that can be avoided by posting serious questions in the appropriate section of the forum: model specific, technical, geographic, etc.

Comments in the "General" or "Lounge" areas are always regarded as "targets of opportunity" and treated accordingly.

But over time you will notice we don't generally prolong such endlessly numbing topics as oil, helmets, loud pipes, anti-cager, anti law enforcement, dark side (car tires), etc. etc. ad nauseum. Those invariably bring out the worst as it gets to be an "ego" thing of whose opinion matters the most.

We have a decent moderator and a generally caring group. Come or go, stay or leave. Your call
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

And here it is a Wednesday, this is quite the coincidence. You see, on Wednesday's I wear a dress to work

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart View Post
You see, on Wednesday's I wear a dress to work

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:38 PM

I... Insert name... Member in good standing of the He-Man Woman Haters Club... Do solemnly swear to be a he-man and hate women and not play with them or talk to them unless I have to. And especially: never fall in love, and if I do may I die slowly and painfully and suffer for hours - or until I scream bloody murder.

No really Darla, I mean Newbie, you are welcome here anytime!
So lets hear about your bike.
We love pictures!

"Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late"
2002 V-Star 650 Classic - Pics & Mods: http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...nannmc/V-Star/
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:51 PM

I will suggest you also go to the Pashnit forum, there is a whole lot of gals that ride on there
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I haven't noticed that you've been treated any differently than any of the other members, and that includes our transgender representative Stratowart.

We have a decent moderator and a generally caring group. Come or go, stay or leave. Your call
I was not talking about this forum being an all boys club. I was talking about the one that would not let me join. I have gotten some great feedback already being on here.

I view an all lady's fourm as well but they do not have a lot of chatter. I was trying to find a lady's riding group in San Diego so when my boyfriend couldnt ride with me I could at least go on some new roads. However that did not pane out so far. Plus when we are at the store getting ready to buy oil for our bikes and my boyfriend has to look it up for his bike and I say 5 qts. He just looks at me and I think see I just read that from the boys. We had a little issue with the oil change on my bike his HD took about 5 minutes. I asked him should I go jump on the forum and ask the guys. Of course he said no being a Man but I knew someone on here might have had a solution. After throwing a couple of tools and then having to make a tool he got it done.

I dont get offended easily and you guys just crack me up. Thanks again for making me feel welcome.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNAUTI View Post
No really Darla, I mean Newbie, you are welcome here anytime!
Glad you clarified that, we've been here for quite a while and Darla would hate to hear that she's suddenly not welcome.

Newbie, I think Springer, in one of his rare serious moments, explained things very well. This is an awesome forum with lots of great people. I can't tell you how much I've learned through this place when it comes to technical information and thoughts/opinions/recommendations.

I really don't think anyone on here gives a rat's a** if you have boobs or not; if you do, more power to you. Darla has been talking about wanting to learn to ride herself, and I think that's awesome. As long as you don't shove down our throats how you can fix anything on two wheels while riding a thousand miles with your crutches strapped to your handlebars, you're welcome here.

2002 V-Star 1100 Silverado
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDar View Post
I really don't think anyone on here gives a rat's a** if you have boobs or not;
I wouldn't go THAT far....!

So newbie........what are you wearing....?? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode