Saw a guy.... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Saw a guy....

.....the other day on an Indian bagger. It was brand-new looking, fairing, bags and tins all black. Beautiful bike.

I was in a diagonal parking space gearing up to get on the road again and he rolled past on the road just behind. As I was putting on my helmet, we made eye contact for a brief moment. What I saw in his eyes and his smile was joy. Pure, unadulerated, absolute joy. Better than wedding night joy; better than team just won the Super Bowl joy (I have recent experience with this one); almost up there with just touched by Jesus joy. What a look that was....!

When I am having a crappy day, I like to think about Jarhead getting on his bike again after so long being frustrated. How that must have amped up his appreciation for the simple joy of riding your motorcycle. Now to that I will add the guy on the Indian. Good Lord I hope I never forget that look!

I wish this same joy to all of you every time you mount up.

Enjoy the ride; embrace the joy......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
.....the other day on an Indian bagger. It was brand-new looking, fairing, bags and tins all black. Beautiful bike.

I was in a diagonal parking space gearing up to get on the road again and he rolled past on the road just behind. As I was putting on my helmet, we made eye contact for a brief moment. What I saw in his eyes and his smile was joy. Pure, unadulerated, absolute joy. Better than wedding night joy; better than team just won the Super Bowl joy (I have recent experience with this one); almost up there with just touched by Jesus joy. What a look that was....!

When I am having a crappy day, I like to think about Jarhead getting on his bike again after so long being frustrated. How that must have amped up his appreciation for the simple joy of riding your motorcycle. Now to that I will add the guy on the Indian. Good Lord I hope I never forget that look!

Bless you mate, know exactly what you mean, after twelve frustrating months I finally have my bike on the road and have done many miles over the last two weeks. If I could see my smile I'm sure I would look like the guy on the Indian, at least I know I feel that way. In some respects I feel like the naughty kid again who does not come home on time as he is having too much fun, and getting in trouble is worth every bit of it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

A year....?! Well I'll be a bloody 'roo.......I missed that somehow.

Glad to have you back on two wheels. You didn't need to see the guy on the Indian.....you ARE the guy on the Indian.

Enjoy, mate....!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM

This is how you look! But it's all good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1180  

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
.What I saw in his eyes and his smile was joy. Pure, unadulerated, absolute joy. Better than wedding night joy; better than team just won the Super Bowl joy (I have recent experience with this one); almost up there with just touched by Jesus joy. What a look that was....!

must have just passed gas
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
A year....?! Well I'll be a bloody 'roo.......I missed that somehow.

Glad to have you back on two wheels. You didn't need to see the guy on the Indian.....you ARE the guy on the Indian.

Enjoy, mate....!
Thanks Paddy, went out for another quick run this arvo, I'm still rusty and have the training wheels on but getting there slowly and having a ball in the process. P.S. Loved the 'contageous' joke, gave me a good laugh
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie View Post
This is how you look! But it's all good!
Would you believe it Newbie, I copped a bug in the eye (did not have protection on at the time) managed to weep it out and the damn thing went down between my noggin and my helmet and did a seranade in my ear!!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:

Thank you Same to you! After a wet commute so far this week with fuses blowing and chrome filthier than a toilet seat, things like this remind you what it's all about, the pure unadulterated joy of life behind (handle) bars!

'06 650 V-Star Classic
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Went to the Yamaha dealer today to pick up the K & N Filter now residing under it's cover when in the parking lot, I spied an all-black V-Star 650 Custom). It had been heavily modified with some paint and some Kuryaken gear, and as I was checking it out (having recently parted with a very similar bike), out came the proud new owner.....

......and there was that look again......

He said it was an '06 with 6k miles on it and he had just bought it for $2800. Sheesh, I would have that look too......that's a steal. I told him about our forum, and I hope he joins us. His story is a lot like many that I've heard (and my own for that matter), and he is an MSF instructor as well.

I'm thinking that anywhere in the world, wherever you find two wheels, you find the joy......
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking that anywhere in the world, wherever you find two wheels, you find the joy......

Amen Paddy!

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode