Heated gloves vs heated grips - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Heated gloves vs heated grips

What's your experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 09:31 PM

I put the heat demons on my bike. I am not sure if its the grips I chose or if I just expect to much. I am happy with them but when we have it pretty cold temps they havent done much. The thing with the grips being heated is it only heats your palm. I would think the gloves would heat your knuckles as well which is wear the cold hits the most.

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window. ~Author Unknown
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 04:21 AM
Banned

I don't have any experience with heated grips but the gerbing gloves work excellent. And even if I don't "plug in", the leather glove quality is also great. And you probably will wear gloves regardless of where the heat comes from. So, if you are wearing gloves, won't they insulate your fingers from the heated grips ?

Last edited by stratowart; 10-11-2011 at 04:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:14 AM

Garage
^ +1. Same as stratowart. No experience with grips, but the Gerbing gloves are great. I road all of last winter (when there wasn't snow, ice or excessive sand on the roads) in weather well below freezing. My hands and fingers were always comfortable. I live in the Hartford, CT, area so it gets pretty cold in January / February.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

redcat,
What do you wear on your feet in the cold?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 AM

I have had Gerbing gloves for several years now and they are excellent, I have had bikes in the past that I have put heated grips on and the difference between the two is like chalk and cheese but if you want the ultimate them use both. LOL I was bought a pair of Gerbing heated insoles last Christmas but I have not yet used them so cannot give a report on these. The reason that I did not use the insoles is because of having additional plugs to remove before dismounting from the bike but if I was to get heated trousers then the insoles would be connected into these and the connection would not be so much of a problem. Lets hope Santa is good to me this Christmas.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
redcat,
What do you wear on your feet in the cold?
Ski socks and boots. It's generally the toes that get the coldest on my winter rides. Ski thermal underwear works well on the legs.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM

I`ve never used heated gloves but I have riden a bike with heated grips and I love them. My 950 will be getting a set.

Sorry guys I meant to say I have never used heated gloves.I wasa on the phone talking a friend through heated grip selection and it was past my bedtime when I typed my original post.

Don`t bet your life on loud pipes! www.ridelikeapro.com

Last edited by IronHorseman; 01-10-2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode