Tailgaters, make my blood pressure hit the ceiling. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Talking Tailgaters, make my blood pressure hit the ceiling.

Ok fellow riders/jockies/pilots. I layed awake last night for a few hours just imagining what kinds of things I can do to the real pain in the rear ignorant tailgaters, you know the types, up my tail so far, I could almost see the peachfuzz on their lips if it was daytime, blinded by the light takes on a whole new meaning here folks.
I do get them once in awhile, most back off with my new light show and me thumbing behind me, works for most, but I got one Thursday evening on my way home from work around 7:30 that just fired me up, I did several wave off attempts, brake lights on for a half mile, slowing down until I have a quarter mile open road in front of me, then waving her off, Yes it was a small women, then launching away at a high rate, twice, she still don't get it, single lane Maryland crappy roads, with the new triple yellow lines Highway 32, in Sykesville area. (wow I'm not impressed) anyway, she's back on my ass again, so close I was getting very uptight, now, 900 pound touring rig, my big ass 295, all leather, boots included, black helmet, all of my lights working perfect, this women is up on me tight again, now about the forth time, so I say *&^( It and just pull over, she blasts past me right up to a cage bumper in front of me, So it's confirmed, it's not just bikes, but anyone in front of her !
So now I got a wide center turn lane, I pull back out behind her and check the vehicle out, I was so fuming at this time, all I got was the last three and vehicle type, I'm looking for this women, back to the turning median, I pull up on her drivers side and ride formation for a few hundred yards, she's pretending she don't see or hear me, I got a good look this time, I'm watching for this one. As now that I remembered her tag, I have seen her before, I think were both on the same type of work schedule. As it's been in the am and pm.
Ok folks, I did the only sane thing at the time, and pulled over, the few motorists behind her watched what was going on, they couldn't have missed it, I was so close to just stopping the flow and going back for some yelling. But I know I would have lost it and started doing some damage to her vehicle. So I didn't stop.
Ok for the fun part of this topic, besides me either blasting away from the idiot, or pulling over, yes I sometimes do the old salute, this works most of the time. But I'm trying to be decent here.
What are some of the things you fellow riders have done to these very persistant ignoramouses, or (BDI) brain dead individuals. I'm going to wait for some fun answers and see if anyone comes up with some of my old tricks, old stuff learned from my biker dad back in the day. Note I do enjoy my freedom and don't want anyone hurt but holly crap batman, do I need load up with a Bat or Fireaxe ? lol.
Oh and I'm a former LEO (20 years ago). So I do know what can happen out there. You know we former LEO's have feelings too !. And can get hurt the same as anyone.

Ok let em fly boys and girls.

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Banned

F.i.d.o.
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

I had always thought about putting a few golf balls in my left jacket pocket and start ejecting them one at a time when somebody follows too closely. I have a different strategy when driving the F350 on the highway while in either the slow lane or in the fast lane which is to just drift over far enough to start kicking up road debris resting on the sides of the road.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Yep, I also drive a full sized truck !

A 98 Silverado with a real steel bumper, and I can just let off on the gas and it will get there attention, but I never have that much of a problem with TG'rs when driving the 24' 3 ton truck lol. Just the half ton bike. I'm laughing about what a very ripe tomato would do to someones nerves going splat on the windshield. But I'd go nuts trying to keep semi rotten tomato's with me lol !. Plus the word would get out pretty fast, and we may have a tomato war going on lol !. I can just see the news caster doinks explaining that situation. Oh they'd screw it up also l lol.
But 14mpg versus 40mpg is a hard decision lol.

Keep em coming, I'm waiting to see some really funny stuff.

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.

Last edited by dcody40; 10-24-2011 at 02:46 PM.
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 PM

Is it not possible in your state to call the State Police and report a Tailgaiter? They are just as dangerous as a drunk or the person driving erraticly. Or like the father on the news lately that had his 9 year old daughter drive him home becasue he was drunk. These people can be reported easily and annonymously.too. HaVE A GOOD REVENGE and let the cops do their jobs.

My feet on the pegs and lots of time to go where the road leads.
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

In a perfect world this would help but !

In Maryland, people do call in allot of things, and the responding officer is advised to find the target of the complaint and observe and take the required action, now this means an officer has to be close, have accurate info for locations, speed, vehicle discription. And also has to witness related actions from the reported vehicle/driver. If nothing is found or noticed, then nothing will happen. It's not the Leo's fault that they can't be everywere all the time, it's just life. Now a few other things to remember here, I can't call on my cell, while riding, even though I'm wearing a blutooth headset, I couldn't hear them and I doubt they'd hear me, also it's been my prior experience as a LEO, that a large number of the people calling are quite often the root of the problem, or the real culprit and either to ignorant to realize what their lack of driving skills are doing to the flow of traffic. Or just too dumb to know anything but call and complain to the over worked LEO's. You don't know how many Field interviews I had to take (basic complaint form) from total idiots with no feet to stand on, and we would be so tempted to tell them off, but being a pro, we can't call it like we see it. Stupid things like, he was speeding, oh how fast, we can't even do that, although we do get a pretty good idea after running radar for so many years and watching traffic on a daily basis.
Oh he/she was driving fast and dangerous, oh actually you had your head up your ass, driving around texting, and someone passed your dumb ass ricky tick, so who's the actual bad driver here. So in Maryland, the state with the lowest driving skill sets I have ever seen in my 50 plus years all over the states and world. The Leo's can't take the word of a typical 911 calling motorist, all by it self, it would be a mess and half to get these callers into court, it's tough enough getting the Leo's into court for their own witnessed violations. And the typical public don't want to get involved. heard it a million times myself from complainants
does this make sense ?

post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

i don't really have a problem with tailgaters when i'm on my bike here. if someone does get too close, i can usually just shift lanes and dart up ahead a few cars and so forth. if i don't have room to switch lanes, i'll turn my head around and look directly at them for a moment and they seem to get the hint when i do that. just gotta make sure i've got room between the car in front of me and i don't look back too long
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 12:15 AM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
I hate tailgaters also.When it happens I flash by brake light a couple of times.If they don't get the picture I will look at them and if they still don't get the picture then I slow down,way down.If they are really stupid I just pull over and let them pass.I have always wanted to carry a pocket full of steel balls or marbles.I think that would be most awsome to drop a couple.Just my thoughts don't act on them.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeater113 View Post
I hate tailgaters also.If they don't get the picture I will look at them and if they still don't get the picture then I slow down,way down.
Ponch did that once in an episode of CHiPs and got a scolding from his partner Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode