Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Finished my ride to zihuatanejo

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  taboo365 
#1 ·
I just returned from a two week vacation in Zihuatanejo.:) I rode down the mountain by way of Morelia but came home by way of Acapulco. :rolleyes:
I noticed two thiings this trip;
1, My gas milage was way up overall.
It was uncanny to find that I was getting 11 miles, not kilometros, to a liter, that is the way they sell it here. So that means I was averaging about 45.5 miles to the gallon.:D
2, The backfire noise I usually have at my home altitude, 7400 feet, went away while at sea level. Came back when I returned to Mexico City valley.:eek:
3, Gas prices here for regular is $9.56 pesos at an exchange rate of $13.38 pesos to 1 U.S. dollar.:cool:
Just things I noticed besides the ratio of women in string bikinis ;) and jaws hanging open on the beach
and my sunburn.:mad:

#4 ·
Sounds like a great ride.Where's the PICTURES?We need pictures.

#6 · (Edited)
Zihuatanejo is the town from Shawshank Redemption. Unfortunately the beach in the movie is not the beach of Zihuat. Zihuat is a bay about 2 miles in diameter tucked away behind some low mountains that protect it very well from the big storms.
My camera is busted so here is a link to see what Zihuat looks like....http://www.zihuatanejo-ixtapa.com/phototour1.html http://www.zihua.net/phototour/index.html
Mybe Santa will be good to me this year for a new camera.

I ride the roads for at least 50 miles North and South. It is like old stomping grounds for me. I bought my first bike in Mexico while living in Z. The main road along the coast is a two lane blacktop that curves and winds it way to Acapulco and beyond. I have ridden from Guatamala to Colima and from the U.S. Border to Mazatlan. I have a few miles to fill in to know the whole West Coast of Mexico.
This trip I clocked a bit over 1200 miles going, coming and touring. I spent more time on the bike than on the beach. Mexico City to Zihuatanejo is 459 Klick by the "autopista" toll road. I like the "Libre" free road. This trip I spent only $200 Pesos in tolls instead of the usual $1100. I had more fun but did not travel as fast. I had the time to stop and talk to people along the way. And to check my tire presssure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.