Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Funny I had to share

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  chek 
#1 ·
I saw this today and thought it was worthy of sharing!

It's funny, so many dress like "bikers" with all the black leather but I bet if they own a boat they don't dress like pirates when they go boating! Why is that?

:D

#3 ·
That is something to consider. We were at an event Tuesday evening where many bike gather because of live music and the owner is a biker as well. Bikes of all types are welcome along with some Custom cars and Rat rods. I ride in with deck shoes, cargo shorts silk shirt and black beret. Then there are the full leathered up and tattooed riders (no disrespect but I call it their costume). I am the same person on my bike as I am when I'm off of it, yet we watched those that take on other personalities the moment they fire up their bikes. How many have observed the same?

#4 · (Edited)
Yes, I have. My business partner was abhored that I wanted a bike. We own a Salon, and she was envisioning me in a stereotyped 'costume' riding around. Yeah, not so much. I wear the same clothes on my bike that I do off my bike. With the exception of my jacket which is a plain black leather jacket I bought for safety reasons more than anything else. I wear boots most of the time anyway, so.
Unfortunately my sister is one who wears HD from head to foot and doesnt even ride or own a bike. (well, she bought a V-rod which sat in the garage until her hubby told her to ride it or sell it, she rode it 2x, sold it) Shes one of those who buys a HD and a big HD sticker for the back window of her truck and then drive's the truck around. :) She is totally disgusted that I bought a Yamaha instead of a HD. Whatever....she can kiss my whole entire a$$. :) sorry,off topic.hehe

#6 ·
Good point, made me think and here you go !

Bikers Leather:

comes in black or brown.
protects very well if you hit the road without the bike.
provides warmth.
Vests, Provides places for pins and patches.
Boots, protects your feet. provides firm solid object when kicking
cage idiots doors.
Sets the biker image to those not part of the scene.
Looks cool most of the time.
Chaps, hard to put on for some.

Boaters clothing, swim suits.
Don't need protection from road rash.
Low chance of getting hit by another boat.
Helps with the sun tan.
looks cool/sexy sometimes lol!
provides no warmth.
easy to put on/off.

Now think about the other sport dressups/downs.
Golfers.
Tennis players.
Football players.
Bowlers. special shoes !

I bet we could go much farther here !.

Enjoy.

#11 ·
Bikers Leather:

comes in black or brown.
protects very well if you hit the road without the bike.
provides warmth.
Vests, Provides places for pins and patches.
Boots, protects your feet. provides firm solid object when kicking
cage idiots doors.
Sets the biker image to those not part of the scene.
Looks cool most of the time.
Chaps, hard to put on for some.

Boaters clothing, swim suits.
Don't need protection from road rash.
Low chance of getting hit by another boat.
Helps with the sun tan.
looks cool/sexy sometimes lol!
provides no warmth.
easy to put on/off.

Now think about the other sport dressups/downs.
Golfers.
Tennis players.
Football players.
Bowlers. special shoes !

I bet we could go much farther here !.

Enjoy.

Now why did you have to go and pick on my special bowling shoes?:D

You know most of the time I don't wear the "biker gear" associated with my bike. I will wear chaps and leather in the winter season to keep riding longer but during the summer it will be cargo pants and a t-shirt most of the time, although I do like the fingerless gloves in the summer cause it makes me look cool. :cool:

#7 ·
BEING is not about what you wear but BEING who you are. I am a human, I wear human clothes, not dog collars or cow bells. We are not what we wear but some people think that if they wear it, it will come. I have no idea what it is
or what it might look like but I do know this, If it hit me in my A$$ I wouuld not like it at all.

#8 ·
I am a t-shirt jeans and steeltoe-boots always have been, for work is dockers type work pants (I drive a truck all day)steeltoes mandatory at work I add my jacket for warmth and protection and it goes in the saddle bag soon as i'm off the scoot. Only time i wear my leather vest is summer-time or special events. Toys for tots veterans day rides or funerals.

#12 ·
What's wrong with black cow hide.I wear the whole biker theme costume. Vest,coat,chaps,boots,gloves,riding glasses and dew rag.I would look pretty silly wearing slacks and a tie when riding my bike.That's what I wear to work.Any way it's good protection if and when you go down.

#15 ·
Leathers are good protection, although there are some very good alternatives out there.
But dockers and sneakers are not part of those alternatives.
I ride in t-shirt and jeans as well, get in trouble from my wife all the time for doing so. She will not ride unless fully covered in jacket, chaps and boots, gloves and helmet. Even if only a three minute ride into town.
I think she is the smart one in the family.
One day, when a doctor (or his nurse) spend an hour of two picking rocks out of our butt cheeks with scalpel and tweezers, maybe we will smarten up too....:eek::eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.