Does anyone own a affliction jacket? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone own a affliction jacket?

I am wondering what they are like besides high fashion, they are supposed to be top grade leather but they may be a little meh for wind protection ect, just wondering if anyone has a opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 07:46 PM

I've never had an affliction for that type of jacket.
Mine is a River Road. And I like it alot.

Now 2010 V STAR 950 T
Former bikes were
1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim
1977 Harley Iron Head Sportster
1970 Triumph 500 Hard Tail Chopper
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

I know it they are not the best for riding but i am curious just how they are in general since i like to look nice on and off my bike without having to take off my jacket,and reflective stripes and vents look kinda...odd?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

http://www.buckle.com/affliction-day...rd-10400A2685B

jacket in question for anyone who is wondering why i would sacrifice features for style.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 PM

Runnin with Taboo on that one. The last one I bought was a Brooks back in the early 80's, plain ol black cowhide, good and tough jacket, wear it a ton.

Don't worry about what the lastest style is, use what you like and feel good with, imho Ride Safe
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Banned

For that price range you should be able to find a real motorcycle jacket without reflective stripes/piping and zippered vents. How thick is the leather on that? Too thin and it will be only slightly better than a long sleeve T-shirt in preventing road rash.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM

We all have our own styles, but imho a basic black motorcycle jacket that is well-worn says a lot more to the world than fancy stitching.

Before you buy anything, ask yourself a few questions: does this protect me from road rash? is it comfortable to ride in? will I get shot by a biker gang? does it look like something Justin Bieber would wear?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

Next jacket for me will be a River Road Mesa. Very plain, lots of pockets, full removable sleeved liner, can add or remove padding in the critical areas. Good fit for me as I don't spend much time looking at myself in a mirror.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

The road rash ect is why i am asking here, it is supposed to be a top grain leather jacket but how thick the leather is ect is hard to find out, i have a nice jacket with reflectors and a liner im looking for more of my summer time bar hopper going out jacket, and i want the thing anyways just as a regular jacket, i am just wanting to know how it is for riding since reviews for that are very rare,only been able to find 1.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Banned

Well, at least it appears to have an extra thickness on the elbows due to the maltese crosses sewn onto it. I'd feel better about it if the entire sleeve has leather between 2 and 3mm thick. Top grain leather means it hasn't got any blemishes in it. It could still be real thin goat skin and still be rated top grain leather.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode