Anyone Ride today? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Anyone Ride today?

I had some errands to do around the town. So I bundled up for this cold weather riding and was off on my 1300. About half way around I realized that I had on way to many cloths, Heck it must have gotten close to 60 today. Traffic wasn't to bad, most of the cars stopped for the red lights today. Got the bags full and came home. So it was a good day for tripping around on the bike. If it's nice tomorrow I'll do it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:14 PM

Garage
Yep. Low 40's in CT although really foggy most of the day. Got out for a quick ride anyway.

2002 V-Star 1100 Classic
Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing
Dragbar Handlebars
National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags
7" LED Headlight with 4.5" LED Driving Lights
Corbin Seat
Engine Guard with Kuryakyn Pegs
Chubby Intake with TimB's PMS Thumbscrews
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 PM

Last ride of 2011

I did too. It was only about 40*, and overcast, but I still managed about 110 miles. Not too bad for New Year's Eve in Mid-West Ohio.

~ Clif ~

'07 Roadliner Midnight (Kuryakyn RTB controller/Cobra Dragsters/FI2000/sissy bar/drivers' backrest)

'09 950T - Black Cherry (chrome belt guard/chrome lower side cover/oem passing lamps/Spyker airbox mod/MCC seat mods/oem medium shield)

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOW what a ride!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 05:38 PM

It was such a nice day today, so i jumped my bike off and took it out for a little joyride, took it about a mile and i think i hit reserve so i had to jump off my dead battery on the side of the road with the jumper box i carry and basically just sighed and came home.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 07:48 PM

I didn't ride, but changed my oil & that pain in the ass filter om my 1100. Going for a short ride before watching the Ravens kick the Bengals butt @ 4:00.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

temp got up to 78 today. sun was shining. too perfect not to go out. so i got in one last ride in 2011. no jacket, just a tee shirt and went out for about an hour around Lake Travis just before the sun set. perfect
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 08:06 PM

Yep, Me & a couple of friends went on a 200 mile trip today. Temp was 60 here in West Tennessee & we are going to ride a 62 round trip sunday & eat lunch. We always try to ride the last day of the year & the first day of the year. Temp is suppose to be 53 sunday.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 12:55 AM

I ride everyday, took about a 30 mile ride today, found out my right eye waters at 80 even with riding sunglasses on, need a better pair i guess!!!

2009 Raider, Cobra Swept Pipes, Cobra Fuel Commander, Memphis Shades bullet fairing. Trying to wear out the rear so I can throw a 240 on it!!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Will I be killed for saying I live in FL and its a beautiful 74 today? Its like god himself is smiling on bikers today!

03 V Star 650 Classic
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 07:44 PM

I had hoped to get a ride in. Here in Pittsburgh it was warm enough but the 40 MPH winds scared me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode