Warm hands :d - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Uncle Fester
Thumbs up Warm hands :d

I have seen a few questions on keeping our mitts warm when riding in cold wether, and I wanted to post this up for all to see, as we do not all look in all areas of the forum.

Back when I started riding, I was given a present of a set of Hippo Hands for my bike. Now I lived in Denver Colo and rode 365 a year, in as much as 12" of snow because I did not own a car and had a aby to feed.

Anyway, I have just learned that Hippo Hands are still in business, and if you are a year round rider, you really want to look into these! Even in snow, with a light leather glove and these Hippo Hands, I stayed warm, well my hands did anyway ! lol

I am in no way associated with these, they are just a great product I wanted to share with you.

http://www.hippohands.com/

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Credited to Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

Interesting.

But it does beg the question: if you recently had plastic surgery on your nose, could you safely use Hippo-hands after Rhinoplasty without getting run down by an Impala?

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Banned

Those are a lot less pricey than a pair of heated gloves and look OEM-ish on a BMW .

I wonder about getting your hand back inside those after flipping up/down your face shield when the traffic light turns red/green ??

Last edited by stratowart; 02-10-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart View Post

I wonder about getting your hand back inside those after flipping up/down your face shield when the traffic light turns red/green ??
I'd actually wondered the same thing, but rather if you remove your hand while the bike has forward momentum, are the "sleeves" rigid enough to allow you to reinsert your gloved hand (with its attendant loss of tactile sensation) back into the Hippo's mouth in a timely fashion? And is their any space restriction (especially with gloved hands) that impinges on the operators' ability to operate brake and clutch levers?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Uncle Fester
The ones I had where stiff enough to keep there shape when you removed you hand to close/open a shield, take a drink of coffee ( on a dresser) or anything else you might do. .

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Credited to Mark Twain
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 PM

I think the boys presented some valid points, I wondered the same ?s Thanks for the info

Ride Safe (and warm)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
I'd actually wondered the same thing, but rather if you remove your hand while the bike has forward momentum....
I'd actually wondered if your bike is even at all capable of forward momentum.

Last edited by stratowart; 02-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'd actually wondered if your bike is even at all capable of forward momentum.
"..even at all capable.."??

Back off the MD20-20

I was actually referring to my Wing...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Banned

But I jess loves my MadDog !

Aspcially the blue raspberry, when it comes to fine wines I consider myself a commonsewer!

Last edited by stratowart; 02-10-2012 at 11:00 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
But I jess loves my MadDog !

Aspcially the blue raspberry, when it comes to fine wines I consider myself a commonsewer!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode