lost my ride yesterday - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Angry lost my ride yesterday

Hi all. yesterday became a bad day heading home after work. A 20 something female cager not paying attention lost control of her van. In her attempt to avoid another hitting another car she over corrected and cross my path. I hit her right front fender and tumbled over it and on down the rode. I thank the lord all I have is a broken wrist, banged up and cut knee (6 stitches) and a bruised ego.
However I am hanging up my helmet. I survived and I will keep that way. No damage to the helmet. I pray for my fellow riders to have God keep you safe.

Best regards

Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Banned

So sorry to hear about your crash but glad to hear your injuries are relatively minor. I hope someday you'll be ready to get back on that horse and ride.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 04:02 AM

Sorry to hear mate but glad your injuries were not too severe. Take care and I hope life brings you all the best from now on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Gload to hear youre ok. Could have been alot worse. Sorry for your loss as well. Dont be afraid to get back in the saddle. A bike is like a horse, if youre thrown, its best to get right back on. Dont let fear over come you. God Bless and stay safe.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 09:29 AM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Glad your ok.Sorry to hear about the bike.Don't hang the helmet up just yet.A ? to ask your self.Would you quit driving a car after a crash? Quit riding a bicycle after a spill? Hang your skate board up after a tumble? This is just a little food for thought the main thing your ok. Like wis guy stated don't let fear over come you. Godspeed.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Glad your ok. God be with you whatever path you choose

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:17 AM

nustarguy, I was in much the same situation. I totalled my bike in August, my fault, and I had to decide whether I wanted to continue to ride or not. I did not make the decision for months because I was rehabilitating. One day it was never ride again. A week later I wanted it bad. Finally right around Thanksgiving, I realized that I had been in a funk for a while and the reason finally smacked me in the nose. I didn't want to face a future with no bike. I bought another bike about 3 weeks later(December). Because of the weather I was unable to ride it until recently. All it took was about 10 minutes in the saddle to realize I had made the right decision ........for me. May not be the right decision for you. Don't make any quick judgements....take your time and then make the decision that you are comfortable with. You were very fortunate to come away comparatively unscathed..Heal soon and completely

2009 Vstar 950 Tourer current
2005 Blvdc50 2005 - 2011 (totalled)
1975 Kawasaki 900 Z1B 1975 - 1987
1974 Yamaha RD 350 1974-1975
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the well wishes. I hear you all about rushing to a decision.
but it may be made for me. the bones in my left writs are crushed. will take a lot of work to get it close to working right. for my wife and family as of now, its ok I can walk away. i have been riding since 1982. this is my first accident. Im 49. I will stiil attend bike functions, just in a car.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Just goes to show you no matter how careful you are, there are other idiots you still need to account for. If you really enjoy riding, dont let it discourage you. Life without enjoyment is death anyhow. Keep riding, be safe and make sure you have a positive balance in the Karma bin... Glad you are ok btw!

2002 Yamaha Vstar Silverado 1100
Cobra Deluxe Slashcut pipes
KURYAKYN Hyper Charger
KURYAKYN Grips
Phat Performance ORK.
AIS removed.
Silverado Tall Windshield
Rear luggage rack
HD Crash bars with Hwy Pegs
Yamaha Passing Lamps
Yamaha light visors
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 12:34 PM

How many times have I hit the dirt from a horse? I'd rather not say.....
How many times have I hit the dirt from a dirt bike? I'd rather not say.....
How many times have I quit riding? Never

I understand how you feel. If you've been riding since '82, you'll get that old hankering before too long. I suggest buying a small dual-sport. It's street legal, and you can ride it straight to the trails where there are no cagers. Then if the old longings come back, you can always get a V-Star or something.

Just a thought.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode