ethnic groups: cruisers vs sportbikes - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

ethnic groups: cruisers vs sportbikes

go !

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 04:46 PM

Garage
So...Giving birth or monkey humping a football?

I'm in the cruiser group giving birth LOL

03 V-Star 1100 Custom
83 KZ 1100 Spectre
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 04:54 PM

converted from sportbike to cruiser......love my big roady, but also condsidering a second bike which will probably be something along the lines of a FZ7 or FZ9, or maybe the new R3.

Here is my bike history - started riding when i was a sophmore in high school.
1970 Honda SL100, got rear ended by intoxicated female after work, lucky to still be here to tell this.....
1975 Yamaha RD350B, did the expansion chambers, ignition coils, DG heads, put a RD 400 tank on it.
1988 Kawasaki 600 Ninja
1980 Honda CB750F
1992 Kawasaki ZX11 - this was bad ass back then! ! !
2000 Honda RC51, lots of mods, lots of fun, great trackdays
2008 Yamaha Roadliner

Luvin Mr Roady - just waiting for some more funds to put exhaust and bags on.

Last edited by arsey51; 04-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 07:14 PM

all I can say, if it's got handle bars, I'm gonna ride it. started with dirt bikes, but I've had many motorcycles over the years. right now I have an 01 vstar 1100, that's my main ride. an 03 yzf600r, when I want something a little more exciting. a 90 fzr600 that's jetted and fast as "you know the swear word", when I feel suicidal. and a 94 warrior 350 to plow snow and pull the neighbor kids around in a cart. I love my Yamaha's!! plus two 95 sea doo's ( yes, they have handlebars also).
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

i'm sure you've noticed that certain demographics gravitate toward either the cruiser world or the sportbike world. why is that? which sections of the populace do you see more on cruisers vs. sportbikes?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 PM

Bevo, looks like you are wantin to stir the stink like the Bear used to do Good deal, glad to see it To answer, at least for me, seems the more mature folks(read older) seem to run the crusier side, while the younger full of piss and vinegar folks run the sport bikes, at least that is the way it is in my neck of the woods.

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:16 PM

Garage
Ah Sugar Bear,
As usual, you're right on top of things. The youngsters are the overwhelming riders of the sport bikes in my area whilst us "mature" riders straddle the cruisers.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 04:18 PM

Well, I enjoy both. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a brisk ride atop a two-wheeled rocket and other times I feel like a more relaxed ride. I'm the type of rider who enjoys all of it and prefers (when finances allow) to own a sample of both.

I started out on an '05 Rebel (sold in '07), then bought my stilled-owned SV650, then I bought a ZX636 in 2010 and road raced the stink out of it, then I wanted another cruiser in 2011 so picked up a Hyosung GV650. I sold the ZX636 and GV650 in early 2012, got the cruiser bug again in 2013 so I picked up my Shadow 500 and recently I wanted a bigger cruiser so I picked up the Star.

I started converting my SV650 into an ADV bike of sorts last year, for no other reason than I wanted a different type of ride but didn't want to sell my beloved SV so decided that it was a perfect platform for a little modification. I've added a windscreen, hand guards, fabricated a skid-plate and purchased some dual sport tires that are awaiting the current Mich Pilot Powers to be worn out so they can be installed. I plan to pick up some sport-touring bags and an engine guard this year to complete the package.

However, being as that I'm an addict to two wheels I'm eye balling a Bandit 1200S or 1250S to give me a little more 'sport' but without sacrificing comfort. I've done the super sport thing and as I'm getting older as well as having a bum back, I'm more inclined to go with the standard riding position for my sporting desires.

Enough about me. To the topic, I do generally find that the younger generation of riders usually prefer the super sports complete with all the @ss hauling they can handle. I can appreciate that, I get the bug every now and then to go faster through tighter corners than a mature and responsible individual should.

1986 Honda VT500C - On loan to a family member
2005 Suzuki SV650 - ADV project bike
2013 V Star 950T - Newest addition to the stable
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 06:13 PM

Do you want an ugly bike ? Or do you want a cruiser?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
Do you want an ugly bike ? Or do you want a cruiser?
Heh, I see what ya did there.

1986 Honda VT500C - On loan to a family member
2005 Suzuki SV650 - ADV project bike
2013 V Star 950T - Newest addition to the stable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode