New Gold Speckles - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

New Gold Speckles

Got up at 4:30am. Notice a light is on in the garage. Looking through a thick gold haze i see stepson spray painting bicycle seat right next to my Babe. I now have a nice gold speckle on my 1100.

I HATE F**KING TEENAGERS!!!!

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Banned

Give him a break, he's aware of the SBBS (slow black bike syndrome) and was just trying to help you out,,too bad he didn't want a blue seat, would have been a WIN-WIN.

But should you have a decent coat of wax on your scoot, you should be able to remove the gold specks. But you may want to experience the added speed before you do it LOL!

Seriously, good luck removing it.

Last edited by stratowart; 03-30-2012 at 07:17 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

i think gold specks would look good on black paint. are you going to let him be buried with his bike?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart View Post
Give him a break, he's aware of the SBBS (slow black bike syndrome) and was just trying to help you out,,too bad he didn't want a blue seat, would have been a WIN-WIN. ...
OUCH! . . . my heart . . . it hurts! How could you do this to me?

Just got home from work. It is coming off fairly easy. I'm sure i will enjoy spending a whole day carefully cleaning it off

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

slightly modified
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyD View Post
I'm sure i will enjoy spending a whole day carefully cleaning it off
why aren't you making him clean it? parenting 101
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
why aren't you making him clean it? parenting 101
I can't get him to do a proper job on the dishes, litter box or his room. I sure as hell wont trust him to clean my bike.

"If you want something done right, do it yourself" --author unknown--

As a stepfather i came in a little late to be of much influence

slightly modified
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Have him help you. Might be a good teaching opportunity to help him understand how to properly value something you work hard to earn and maintain.

Bet the bike will look great all cleaned up!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:00 PM

A. This is grounds for justifiable homicide in 43 states (57 if you're elected President).

B. The reason you can't get him to do a good job is because you tolerate a poor one. If you let him get away with it, you're really cheating him because he will half-ass everything he does for the rest of his life.

Note: Because I know this unsolicited advice is way out of line, I have taken the liberty of giving myself a black eye on your behalf. Hey....at least it's fast! :-)

Last edited by paddy; 03-31-2012 at 12:37 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

All kidding aside, i am just 'venting' here what i wont say out loud because i know in my heart i don't mean it. I don't really display this type of anger on/to/at him. We actually talked about it like adults and all is good I do like Sheriffs suggestion. If my stepson had not already left to spend the weekend with his cousins i would ask him to help and i'm sure he would. He is a good kid at heart and i know it was not deliberate, it was just a 'blonde moment'.

Life is good so i will continue to keep smiling

slightly modified
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 11:01 AM

Hey Sparky, I know 1st hand how much that sucks! I had it happen to my scoot a couple years ago. The place next door to where I work painted a bunch of door frames outside. My bike was parked in our lot about 50 feet downwind. My black bike had nice machinery grey specks all over! To say I was excited about that would be an understatement!

Anyway, I used some enamel reducer I got from work and it cleaned right up. I have seen this trick used many times. Guys who have had graffiti spray painted on their construction trailers use it. It also works to get fresh traffic line paint off your vehicle.

2007 Vstar 1300 Tourer
Too many bolt-on goodies to remember!

Gone but not forgotten...

Memeber of the Black Bike Club -- Fastest Color Available!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode