What happened??? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

What happened???

I haven't been on here in awhile, and I can't find information anywhere. Hoping someone on here will.

Last December, I went to the NYC international motorcycle show. I stopped stopped at the Yamaha both to show a friend a model I want. I get there and the bike wasn't on display (road star). I asked someone at the v star booth what happened to the Road Star and she said that it's no longer in production. I then noticed that the Roadliner, Stratoliner and Stratoliner Deluxe weren't there either. Those models have also been cancelled. She then told me that all those models are being redone.

Again, I have been searching the internet for any information on this but couldn't find any. Would anyone on here know what's going on with the Road Star, Roadliner, Stratoliner (both models)?? Are they getting updated? If so, what upgrades are they getting and when will they be coming back??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 08:03 AM

There are rumors that they will announce a new "touring" model in May or June. It's May so nothing so far. They are being very tight lipped about it but here is a pic of what is said to be a "mule"/test bike. Your guess is about as good as anyone's.

On a side note, just had lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube yesterday in Pohatcong. Made my way back through Phillipsburg and Easton via the free bridge. The Star Chapter 386 rides out of Tri City Powersports on Schoenersville Road, Allentown, PA just off of Rt. 22. I am a new member since last July or so. Join us for a meeting if you want, 4th Saturday of the month (the 23rd in May) at Tri City.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11081230_10204628567611406_6323553603452015219_n.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	43834  

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 08:30 AM
eGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrzeye View Post
There are rumors that they will announce a new "touring" model in May or June. It's May so nothing so far. They are being very tight lipped about it but here is a pic of what is said to be a "mule"/test bike. Your guess is about as good as anyone's.

On a side note, just had lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube yesterday in Pohatcong. Made my way back through Phillipsburg and Easton via the free bridge. The Star Chapter 386 rides out of Tri City Powersports on Schoenersville Road, Allentown, PA just off of Rt. 22. I am a new member since last July or so. Join us for a meeting if you want, 4th Saturday of the month (the 23rd in May) at Tri City.
That's a sexy bike! But I'm gonna stick with my 99' V-Star 1100 for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 04:52 PM

If Yammy can come up with a fuel injected V4 tourer without an 8 track player I might be in.

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

i would think the woman you spoke with in December would be the most knowledgeable. it seems strange to announce a new model in late Spring. most of these introductions are made in late summer/early fall.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 09:49 PM

Star/Yammy needs a true V-twin tour bike....that isnt ugly.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:28 AM

tigrzeye nice bike which model is that?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstarjoe View Post
tigrzeye nice bike which model is that?
Mine? Thanks! It's a 2014 Stratoliner Deluxe.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:41 AM

Yes is that you riding the black beast with full face helmet. If thats you i like that type of bike😀
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstarjoe View Post
Yes is that you riding the black beast with full face helmet. If thats you i like that type of bike😀
Nope not me. That is a pic that was posted online as a suspected prototype for the possible new Yamaha/Star touring model.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode