Already planning next machine... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Already planning next machine...

I think the only thing better than actually riding a new machine is the planning and research that goes into buying my next one !

I have had my 1100 for less than a year and only have put 3,000 miles on it myself, but already taking that ownership experience and thinking about what I would like next.

Right now, I love cruising at 55-60 mph on state highways. Not interested in speed, top notch cornering ability or acceleration. High torque at a low rpm is preferable in my mind rather than a screaming multi-valve, high horsepower power plant. I also like the riding position that the cruisers offer, though would not mind being a little further forward.

So, I like what my 1100 offers me at this time. However, in my next bike, I would like to have ABS, cruise control, and a stereo system that I would be able to hear at 60 mph. Passenger accommodations not important, but storage is. I also would like more wind protection for the legs and a smooth ride.

Right now, I am looking at a Victory Cross Country or a Gold Wing. Yeah, the Gold Wing is a bit much, but I love what it offers and they are wide enough to be seen better by cagers. And, that sweet flat--six…wow. I looked at the FB6 and am not saying no, but just like th Gold Wing better between the two Hondas. The Cross Country is a rare cruiser that offers a high-torque/low rpm V-twin, ABS, stereo package. As of now, it gets my vote as #1.

Thoughts?

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM

Both are very suited to the stated purpose. The XC has more style points but that's just my personal preference.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 07:45 PM

In the same boat, an Indian Chieftain is in my future some day. Just about pulled the trigger on a 2014 Indian Red one with 10,000 miles. Decided to wait on a new one maybe a 2016. Still dreaming and riding a great motorcycle until then.

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2015, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

My father is going to lend me his Cavalcade, from the distant 1990s or 80s, once he gets it up and running. That will help me decide if I want an RV on two wheels…err, a Gold Wing I mean.

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode