bike rallys - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

bike rallys

anyone attending any bike ralleys? i caught a bit of the rally bug a few years ago but not so much anymore. not even going to ROT rally this year. anyone got any good times or stories or photos they want to share?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-2015, 09:17 PM

I didn't join a fraternity in college, didn't do well in a couple of civic clubs, won't join a motorcycle "club" and don't "get" the rally mentality. If I want to have a party it isn't going to be with 500,000 "friends."

For those that enjoy the 24/7 party for several days, I'm sure it is a great time to attend the rallies. it just isn't my way....I have an independent streak a mile wide.

This forum is about the limit of my "affiliations".

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

i've been to large rallys and small rallys, and they can be different as night and day. ROT rally here in Austin probably falls in line with what you are speaking of, as well as Sturgis, Daytona Bike Week, etc. But there are tons of smaller rallys that don't really have that 'party' vibe. for the most part, they just seem to be a gathering of bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts.

there is one rally here in Texas held in Luckenbach each October that seems to gather as diverse a group of bikes and riders that i could imagine, the Harvest Classic. for the most part, the riders don't really fall into the biker stereotype and would mostly just be considered motorcycle enthusiasts. it's categorized as a European and vintage motorcycle rally and is held on the campgrounds surrounding Luckenbach, and its participants are some of the nicest bikers i've ever been around. it's probably about as tame or peaceful a rally that i can think of for its size, probably between 500-1,000 participants, and definitely family friendly, and its main purpose is to rain money for cancer. anyone who's ever been curious about rallys but don't like the party atmosphere or the stigma of biker rallys in general should definitely check it out.

on a steel horse I ride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Elk

http://www.stardays.org/

This is really close for me, but I won't be able get any time off so I'll probably just stop in after work...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 11:29 AM

I loved Americade in Glens Falls NY but I also don't like the big party atmosphere and really only did the vendor tents and of course the long ride up there and back. This year we made plans to stay for the fireworks and a concert but again, only going to do the vendor fair and some demo riding. No large group stuff.

We also usually go to IMOC locally - the Italian Motorcycle Owners Club bike show/rally in September. My squeeze likes his bikes and his women Italian (So please, no one tell him I'm Irish!)

The closest one to me is Laconia and that is a Hell to the no for me...too many bikes, too much alcohol.

Annie
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 11:44 AM

Garage
I haven't been to a rally for >25 years - during my 'first' motorcycle period.

Those were all in So. Cal. out in the Mojave desert... and to the best of my recollection involved far too much peyote for anyone's good. Thus the hiatus: "I'm gettin' too old for this ___"

Despite that, now that I'm back in the saddle I'd certainly like to check out a smaller more regional rally and see what's up. I'm planning to check out Gettysburg Bike Week this summer. Anyone know of any other rallys in the PA/Mid-Atlantic region, or a good resource to find them?

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 12:29 PM

I'm headed here tomorrow evening...http://rollingthunderrun.com/. This will be my first rally of any type. Ya know what they say, "Go big or go home" Going with some friends that go every year, plus its for a great cause!

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 12:52 PM

Went to my first rally last year. Stopped up at Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown for couple hours mostly just to look at and get some pics of the bikes. I too have that independant riding attitude. Prefer to ride alone or in very small group.

Sonysnek
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 09:37 PM

we go to ohio bike week every year. just for a day to look around and eat. mostly just so my brother-in-law can keep his collection of rally Tshirts going.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

this site is probably the best for finding rallys in every state:

http://www.lightningcustoms.com/motorcycleevents.html

on a steel horse I ride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode