I cheated on my Yammy today - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

I cheated on my Yammy today

Snuck away to check out a 2011 Triumph TBird Storm at a local dealer. But when got there, someone had put a deposit on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 AM

I spent a couple hours helping a friend change the oil on his Speedmaster yesterday. That Speedmaster has all the bumps and curves in the right places! Sort of felt like I was at the strip club except my wife doesn't wait in the parking lot like my Yammy did! LOL!

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS

Last edited by Slayer; 05-24-2015 at 06:55 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 12:54 PM

It is only a machine. It neither knows nor cares whether you look at another machine. As far as I know, there is nothing about "love, honor, obey" anywhere in the sales contract.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
I spent a couple hours helping a friend change the oil on his Speedmaster yesterday. That Speedmaster has all the bumps and curves in the right places! Sort of felt like I was at the strip club except my wife doesn't wait in the parking lot like my Yammy did! LOL!
Hahaha! MY wife contributed to my guilt asking why I wanted to sell a perfectly good motorcycle. Do you not like it any more, she said? Dang women, cut that out! Can't a man just flirt a little?

The Speedy is nice. There's something about Triumphs I've always liked, maybe the uniqueness of the appearance with that parallel twin. Didn't hurt that the Bird was a trade at the Indian shop so I got to slobber over the Indians while there. But the Triumph was tucked away in a corner with a Hands Off sign.

Last edited by Chazzmichaels; 05-24-2015 at 08:01 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Charon, I just assume every Op is attached to their ride like I am and humanizes it just a tad. It's all in fun.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2015, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

I verified the Storm was finally delivered, thought for a day or so I might have a shot at making an offer.

Gonna look at a VROD tomorrow. I have the fever for a different bike although no complaints whatsoever with my 1300.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 09:06 AM

At this point I would suggest riding out the season until the new models arrive. With the Strat, Roadliner, and RSTD off the market I can't imagine a replacement isn't in the works. Even used bikes are near their peak in price right now.

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Well, that's probably good advice but....

VROD had a deposit on it! Second time this week. Lessoned learned - call before driving to the dealership! Now there's this CL Raider that looks promising.....
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
I looked at and test drove a few newer Triumph's at a meet a little over a year ago... T bird and the America. Both were fantastic to ride.
Like the feel of fine leather gloves on your hands. Both were nice and
tight, great handling. A bit heavy but balance and power was top of the line. Price was the biggest upsetting factor.

You get a lot. But you pay for it.

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-30-2015, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestoRider00 View Post
I looked at and test drove a few newer Triumph's at a meet a little over a year ago... T bird and the America. Both were fantastic to ride.
Like the feel of fine leather gloves on your hands. Both were nice and
tight, great handling. A bit heavy but balance and power was top of the line. Price was the biggest upsetting factor.

You get a lot. But you pay for it.
Local Indian dealer had a low mileage 2011 TBird Storm, asking $8995. Needless to say it did not last long. I am really warming to a Thunderbird.

BTW, I've pursued three bikes in the last seven days and all sold before I could get to them! No mas!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode