Choose: Bugs or Idiots... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Choose: Bugs or Idiots...

Rode out to the state park and was coming back around dusk. By the time I got back into town, I could hardly see from the green bug guts that were almost completely covering my half-visor. I especially appreciated those little teeny tiny hard ones that stung when they hit the exposed part of my face. It was kind of like what I image being hit with rock salt from a shotgun from extremely long range constantly for about twenty minutes or so would be like.

That was actually the part of the day I enjoyed. Now for the rant. What the hell are these people thinking that come to a dead stop on a 45 mph road and signal you to make your left turn into their path? Whether it be the ones that piss everyone around them off because they've got a long line of cars behind them (and invariably, someone will shoot around them in the break-down lane, serving as your would-have-been executioner), or the nut cases that don't have a single vehicle behind them, but stop to waste more of your time and create a hazard when they could have just turned right and zoomed on past you in a split second.

They're blinking their lights and waving their arms around like they're at an old-time revival, and you're shaking your head yelling "come on!" and waving them on. And we're all just sitting there doing this on busy, dangerous, public highways for a full minute and a half?!!!

I'm sorry y'all. I let loose on the third one today. There was a vehicle waiting to come out of where this idiot wanted me to complete my left-hand into, crossing the idiot's (who stoped cold on the down side of a blind hill on a 45 mph road just to signal me to turn in front of him) path. The fool was that stopped was playing "no, you go ahead and go..." I finally had to roar, "Move it bonehead!" before the guy would quit playing charades. He finally quit flashing his lights and waving his arms and turned right into the same road I was turning left into. Consequently, the person driving the car that was waiting to make a left-hand turn out of where we both were turning into, finally got to make their turn, shaking their head and wearing "the look".

The FOURTH one took the cake. I was almost home and was turning left into the entrance to one of our small local parks to short-cut through it before it closed for the night. The driver in the opposite lane stopped dead cold and waved me to turn in front of him. I spent the customary "OK, let's play-this-game" time and... He didn't even turn. He continued down the same road we were on! It was, "Oh look at that. There's a motorcycle that wants to make a left hand turn. Well, since there's nobody behind me, I think I'll come to a dead stop for no apparent reason and wave him into his turn in front of me." (650vstar2003 silently screams "Ah COME ON!").

Man, I'm sayin'. Don't even screw with me if, between the two of us, you were the first one to the four way stop intersection. You've got the right of way and that's what the other traffic participants depend on. You are NOT being a nice person, you are being an ass who's putting people's lives at risk. And I've told that to someone recently after we played "you first". They finally gave up, finally came through the intersection, rolled down the window and said, "Hey I was just trying to be nice". Big mistake for that driver. I explained exactly why they were NOT a nice person and were a bit of an a..hole for their actions. Explained to them that I was T-boned in a cage by just such a "nice person", and ended up having MY insurance pay for the repairs to BOTH vehicles. Never again. What did the idiot have to say in response to that? "Uh... yeah, I was hit too. That's why I quit riding." WHA?... Then why the hell are you doing stupid sheeet like this?

So, do your part to edjumacate people about the fact that screwing up God's natural order of right-of-way in some mushy attempt to make oneself feel better about oneself, instead creates a threat to everybody's lives.

And give me the bugs over these idiot drivers any day of the week.

Last edited by 650vstar2003; 04-21-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 12:27 AM

I got an idea . . . . Zoloft jk

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 12:37 AM

Buhhhhh

Yeah, I hear you. Whether on bicycle or motorcycle, I expect people to do what they would do if I were invisible. Meaning, I get real upset when people speed up, slow down, or stop erratically because I am on two wheels. It's like, D#@N PEOPLE, JUST DO WHAT YOU SHOULD DO, AND WOULD NORMALLY DO! I can't tell you how many times someone has put me in a bad spot, under the guise of "courtesy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650vstar2003 View Post
Man, I'm sayin'. Don't even screw with me if, between the two of us, you were the first one to the four way stop intersection. You've got the right of way and that's what the other traffic participants depend on. You are NOT being a nice person, you are being an ass who's putting people's lives at risk. And I've told that to someone recently after we played "you first". They finally gave up, finally came through the intersection, rolled down the window and said, "Hey I was just trying to be nice". Big mistake for that driver. I explained exactly why they were NOT a nice person and were a bit of an a..hole for their actions. Explained to them that I was T-boned in a cage by just such a "nice person", and ended up having MY insurance pay for the repairs to BOTH vehicles. Never again. What did the idiot have to say in response to that? "Uh... yeah, I was hit too. That's why I quit riding." WHA?... Then why the hell are you doing stupid sheeet like this?

And give me the bugs over these idiot drivers any day of the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2012, 07:24 PM

This happens with me alot at 4 ways,drives me crazy. Especially when i am trying to trail brake and not actually stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode