Choice of helmets - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Choice of helmets

For years I have worn nothing but the 1/2 helmets, probably mostly because I thought it was cool, both from a looks point of view and temperature. I'm at the age now that looking cool ain't all that important and I'm thinkin I have to be partially nuts to not wear a full face. Cagers are crazy and my eyes water when the temps are cooler. So whats protectin your noodle? 1/2, full face, visor/no visor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:05 PM

Full face HJC every minute I am on the bike. Added a breath box to mine, keeps the sheild from fogging in cold weather.

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 PM

DOT 3/4 Face (made by Daytona)....Want a little more protection for the face for most days..I just wear some Oakleys with em..

I also just ordered a daytona full face as well...Call me a ninny, but 75 mph rides, for several hours on end with a 3/4 face kinda gets annoying, especially when it's colder, mostly got it for the highway trips ill be taking this summer

2013 H-D FXS Blackline
2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
1980 XS650 Bob (in progress)
1981 XS650

USMC - 0331 - OEF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM

I have several

I mostly wear a half helmet, but I have a Scorpion full face for cold weather, and a HJC full face for really cold weather. The HJC is larger so that I can wear a stocking hat under it. I also have an old G_FORCE left over from stock car racing, I usually let a passenger wear that one if they need one.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 PM

Got a Vega half helmet. Like it for around town. But the HJC modular full face is always on the bike if I want a lil more protection.

'07 Stratoliner Quicksilver in color. Bone stock.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:00 PM

Always wore a 3/4 helmet until 2 years ago then switched to a 1/2 helmet with a 1/4 visor. Never could stand to wear the full face helmet. Of course my 1100 has a windsheild on it & none of my other bikes did.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 PM

I ride with an HJC open face in traffic (with shield) and a Raider half with some goggles when just cruising....

2004 V-Star 1100
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 PM

Garage
I use a Scorpion EXO-100 w/visor and my wife uses a HJC CL-21M. I used the visor all the time for about a week (just cause it was something new) but now just keep it up unless I want a little darker view while cruisin.

2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Tsukayu Coner Saddlebags | Tsukayu Tour Pack | Kuryakyn Driver Floorboard Covers | Kuryakyn Passenger Floorboards | Kuryakyn Clear Signal Lens | Kuryakyn Levers | MHI Rumble Road Speakers | Baron Risers | Mustang Seats | Highway Bars | Passing Lights | Lower Shields | Light Visors | Windshield | K&N Air Filter | Metzeler ME 880 | GPS Mount | Crampbuster | Throttle Lock | LED Lights
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 10:59 PM

Shoei RF-1100 full face helmet, DOT and Snell certified. Has head vents to help in the summer and is very comfortable. Also has space to integrate head phones for music while riding.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-22-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_fosg8 View Post
Full face HJC every minute I am on the bike. Added a breath box to mine, keeps the sheild from fogging in cold weather.
Whats a breath box and where do you get them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode