MX boots for cruising - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

MX boots for cruising

So I received a pair of Thor Blitz LS boots for fathers day

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...blitz-ls-boots

Love my wife for gift, but when I tried them on they felt really stiff, and the toe wrap on the right boot felt like it would create a pressure point on my foot after awhile.

Are these a little overkill for riding around on a cruiser? I know they aren't meant for it but wondering if others ride MX boots for cruising around or if I should exchange them for something a little less safe and a little more comfortable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
They look alright for a cruiser to me, especially as they are short boots.

However, the most important thing is that they should fit comfortably, and if they don't, personally I would exchange them for another pair, after saying sorry to my wife first, of course. I guess it is very difficult to buy proper fitting footwear for someone else .

HTH, kind regards, Wim

P.S.: Personally, I tend to wear high (ankle protection) mountain walking boots, the sturdy types IOW, for many years already - for my strange feet I can never find properly fitting motor boots, and I do try every so often .

Own: 2006 Yamaha XV1900A Midnight Star, Black Cherry, with all the Strat S trims ( (2015-)
Owned: AMF Harley 350SS (1976-1977); Yamaha XS650 (1977-1979); 2012 Yamaha XVS1300A Midnight Star, Dark Grey Metallic G (2014-2015)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 PM

Give them some time to break in. They're gonna be stiff due to the protection features. Nice looking boot.

You want comfort? Just wear flip flops like I saw several guys do this weekend. :-O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzmichaels View Post

You want comfort? Just wear flip flops like I saw several guys do this weekend. :-O
Lol. Don't MAKE me post the pic that goes along with the headline "This is why you don't wear flip flops on a motorcycle"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 07:00 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzmichaels View Post
Give them some time to break in. They're gonna be stiff due to the protection features. Nice looking boot.

Feeling stiff is one thing, but they should feel comfortable.

There is really no such thing as breaking in a boot, or shoe for that matter. If that is a requirement, it means it doesn't fit your feet properly, and it will break the shoe or boot sooner, plus it will likely give you sore feet too. Ask any real shoemaker worth his salt.

Kind regards, Wim

Own: 2006 Yamaha XV1900A Midnight Star, Black Cherry, with all the Strat S trims ( (2015-)
Owned: AMF Harley 350SS (1976-1977); Yamaha XS650 (1977-1979); 2012 Yamaha XVS1300A Midnight Star, Dark Grey Metallic G (2014-2015)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimg View Post
Feeling stiff is one thing, but they should feel comfortable.

There is really no such thing as breaking in a boot, or shoe for that matter. If that is a requirement, it means it doesn't fit your feet properly, and it will break the shoe or boot sooner, plus it will likely give you sore feet too. Ask any real shoemaker worth his salt.

Kind regards, Wim
Mass produced protective boots might need a little wear to determine if comfortable enough. Custom, handmade shoes? Probably not.

Loudsubz - A riding sneaker might be something to consider if you want something you can wear all day. I wear mine to the gym and sometimes to work instead of my heavy boots. A little more protection than the average high top BB shoe.

Last edited by Chazzmichaels; 06-23-2015 at 05:37 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM

I would look at it like any other pair of shoes/boots. If they feel comfy keep them, if not exchange them.
If you had picked them up in the store and tried them on, would you have purchased them? If the answer isn't an immediate yes, I suggest return them.

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode