A Website warning for biker fairing glove boxes. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

A Website warning for biker fairing glove boxes.

Hey Everyone, I just had an unpleasant experience with a company called phat parts outlet. I didn't want to put the correct URL in here, as someone would click on it and get creamed,
Anyway I ordered an XP35 Ultra Glove Box unit from this site, it's a nice looking lockable unit, that attaches to the windshield bolts, anyway, Paid with paypal using a new option of not paying until item is delivered, well two weeks after ordering, Paypal got my money, and no delivery, Ok I'll wait a few days to see what's up.
Still nothing on my door step two weeks past the delivery date, went to the site to see what's up, find a contact to check on the order, and got hit with a very nasty fake Malware/trojon/virus, (your computer appears to have a major hard drive failure ) a type of very nasty malware killed my computer faster than you can say OH Shi%. Ok, me being an IT type, I attempted to fix my laptop, no good, googled the symptoms and found dozens of fixes but no luck, so I rebuilt the machine from a company supplied custom image DVD that comes with our HP laptops, so far so good, I have everything backed up anyway, including my favorites, Got everything fairly well back to normal, did a carefull search via google about this web site, now here two weeks later the site shows a warning, this site will cause serious damage to your computer. Ok, I filed a dispute with paypal, now waiting on something from them, I don't know if it's a scam type site, or if some competition has attacked this site. So beware people. I'm an IT heavy, and it got me, this sucker is one of the worst I have seen.
I do believe I'd volunteer to shoot the jerk who wrote that malware package..Bring the little clown to me please.

PS. I doubt a company would do this to their own site, so the company may be faultless, and suffering also. I'll keep positive on this and hope the site owner/company will get some IT help to clean up the site, forums like ours could, and have caused hardship for some of the deserving bad apple companies out there, there's lots of competition in the aftermarket business. I do want the item I ordered. And I'll keep everyone updated. Good or bad.

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.

Last edited by dcody40; 05-09-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: more details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 AM

Damn, I'm sorry for your trouble. Glad to hear you can at least get your computer back up and running, though, and I hope you have good luck with PayPal.

Thanks for the warning about this company, though. I'll be sure to give them exactly zero of my dollars.

Charter member, Greatest Bike in the History of the World Club

The Caliente Rocket is a 2009 V-Star 950
- Cobra Speedster exhaust
- Mustang Daytripper seat
- Memphis Shades windshield, sometimes
- Hardstreet Classic Tour Saddlebags

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the warning. GL getting the cash back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 06:53 PM

Hope all works out for you. I think i might be headed for a new career in computer technology too. Last week i figured out how to check my email

Flatulence is natures way of reminding us to laugh at ourselves.

The views expressed above are those of the author and may, or may not, express the views of those around me. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the typing of this messege.

'05 V-Star 1100 Midnight Custom
slightly modified
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

A positive update on my problem with a vendor

I finally got a response via Paypal, as this was the only contact info I had, since the site was hacked and dangerous, the owner is now aware that there is a problem with his site, he's hired a professional team to fix and harden the site so he can get back to business. And confirmed that my part ordered will be heading my way once it's received from his source. So as I suspected, someone did some damage to his web site, for who knows what reason. We both agree that we'd like to find these idiots and fix their problem permanently lol. These idiots cause so many problems and also force companies to waste money on fixing the problems.
So I think we will be ok with this site, they do have some nice items for customizing our machines.

I'll keep everyone updated as I move forward, and also some pictures of the new addition to the bike asap.

07 Stratoliner S with MS Batwing, MS lowers, Buck lowers, custom large trunk rack, King tourpack trunk, air horn, See me Now tail light and headlight pulser mods. Led lighting all over. Night rider tail light setup on the trunk.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Now that's funny !

(I think i might be headed for a new career in computer technology too. Last week i figured out how to check my email)

Hey Sparky, I got a laugh out of that one, now if your serious then good luck in getting started in IT, The reason it's so funny to me is, that I have had many people who somehow work their way into IT without having any real knowledge or training and common sense, and after a short time everyone else realizes this guy/gal don't have a clue, or their just somehow faking it, they don't normally last very long, even some with the right training don't succeed. It's just like any other trade, some can and some can't or they are just not sharp enough for the tradecraft required.

Enjoy !

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 12:15 PM

I have ordered from them in the past. Great products at good prices. I would have no hesitations doing business with them again. I do appreciate the heads up on the hacked site!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

ijustorderedsomepartsfromthemrecentlybuthaven'tnot icedanythingstrangeijustorderedsomepartsfromthemre centlybuthaven'tnoticedanythingstrangeijustordered somepartsfromthemrecentlybuthaven'tnoticedanything strangeijustorderedsomepartsfromthemrecentlybuthav en'tnoticedanythingstrangeijustorderedsomepartsfro mthemrecentlybuthaven'tnoticedanythingstrangeijust orderedsomepartsfromthemrecentlybuthaven'tnoticeda nythingstrangeijustorderedsomepartsfromthemrecentl ybuthaven'tnoticedanythingstrangeijustorderedsomep artsfromthemrecentlybuthaven'tnoticedanythingstran geijustorderedsomepartsfromthemrecentlybuthaven'tn oticedanythingstrangeijustorderedsomepartsfromthem recentlybuthaven'tnoticedanythingstrange
errorjava.null.exception 32

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Garage
Nice one Bevo

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 09:38 PM

54 68 61 6e 6b 73 20 73 6f 20 6d 75 63 68 20 66 6f 72 20 74 68 65 20 68 65 61 64 73 20 75 70 2e 20 48 65 79 20 62 65 76 20 63 61 6e 20 79 6f 75 20 67 65 74 20 74 68 69 73 20 6f 6e 65 20 6c 6f 6c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode