Motorist beaten after crashing into motorcycles - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Motorist beaten after crashing into motorcycles

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...KTMK.DTL&tsp=1

I'd just like to say, I'm ok with this.

2001 Yamaha Roadstar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

I figure there may have been an unmentioned ER procedure to remove a camera from someplace inside the Prius owner.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJay View Post
I'm not. Sure, the cager screwed up pretty bad by hitting the bikers, but the beating they gave him gives us all a bad name.

Charter member, Greatest Bike in the History of the World Club

The Caliente Rocket is a 2009 V-Star 950
- Cobra Speedster exhaust
- Mustang Daytripper seat
- Memphis Shades windshield, sometimes
- Hardstreet Classic Tour Saddlebags

Best Auto/Moto Insurance | Motorcycle Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

I've been in a few accidents, but never been at fault. Sure hte insurance eventually pays out, but you have to go through countless hours of hassle to get everything fixed, correctly, on top of the headache of dealing iwth issues, time to wait where you can't ride, and so on. After all is said and done, sure you get your bike, but there's zero compensation for the hassle of the process, which is completely due to the other drivers negligence. And the driver who was an idiot is out... nothing, because his insurnace takes care of everything. So where's the lesson for him to not drive like a moron? I'd feel the same if it happened to a guy's car, too. If it happened to me, due to my gross neglegence, I might feel bad for a few bumps, but I certainly would feel for the owner of the other vehicle(s), because they have to deal with the hassle of getting hteir bikes fixed. I've never been opposed to a well deserved whooping, even if it were my own.

When I was young, I was messing around on the tractor, and lost control and hit a tree. Stripped the bolt off the driveshaft. My old man beat my ass, but it was a deserved beating, I did something retarded. I did not hold it against him. I don't see how this is different.

2001 Yamaha Roadstar
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...KTMK.DTL&tsp=1

Probably that handicapped guy. They say once they get a taste for a little two wheel mayhem, it just all goes bad.

LOL
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I don't see how this is different.
It's different because when you messed up your dad's tractor, your dad beat your ass. If he would have had all his friends come over and give you a beat down, it would be closer to the same situation as this article - along with child abuse.

If one car gets in an accident with one bike and the rider of the bike gets into a fistfight with the cager, it will probably lead to legal problems for the biker, but on an ethical level I can see the reasoning. But when the cager hits, in this case two bikes, and the whole gang jumps him, that's when I have a problem with it.

Yes, people need to be more responsible on the road. We as riders do, and for sure cagers do. But the gang beating this guy got shifts the incident from "hey, that guy in the car should have been paying attention and driving more safely" to "motorcycle riders are a bunch of filthy thugs." Obviously we're not all thugs, but suddenly people sympathize with the guy who started this.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Riders are naturally more responsible(generally, i certainly don't speak for all of them) because there's more at stake, a small screw-up could easily mean your life. And, as per the article, 3 people were taken to the hospital for minor injuries, 2 motorcyclists and the prius driver. To me that says that the beating was far from severe. I would not call these guys thugs. If they'd have beaten the guy within inches of his life, maybe, but not for minor injuries.

2001 Yamaha Roadstar
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
... as per the article, 3 people were taken to the hospital for minor injuries, 2 motorcyclists and the prius driver. To me that says that the beating was far from severe. I would not call these guys thugs. If they'd have beaten the guy within inches of his life, maybe, but not for minor injuries.
That's a fair point.

But come to think of it, if this happened on the highway, how did anyone come away from it with only minor injuries?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

It was in California, they have places where you can pull off the highway directly to a bar or market of sorts, they also have traffic lights, the only real thing defining it as a highway is no side road access, but not necessarily 80mph all the time. I am guessing it's a situation like that, given the circumstances of the accident.

2001 Yamaha Roadstar
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

i'm OK with the beating of any Prius driver

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode