Well this place has a customer for life... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Well this place has a customer for life...

So recently got into riding and was looking around various dealers. Came across a bike i liked and was below what i was looking to pay. So i went out and purchased my '05 V-Star 650 Custom for around $2000. Price was lower due to it having 32k miles on it, no biggie to me. I get the bike home and notice its spurting out oil from the right crankcase cover on to the exhaust. I had signed an "As Is" at the dealer so i start to think "aww crap i bought a lemon".

So the next day I call up the salesman who handled my purchase and explained what had happened. He told me not to worry, just get the bike back there and they will fix it up at no charge. So i get it out there, their tech takes a look and lets me know they will need to order the gasket. Once they replaced it they took it out for a few miles ride after letting the bike get to full operating temp first. I go and get my bike and ride around quite happy and content.

Two days pass, and i am putting some new foot pegs on when i notice some fresh oil on the ground under my bike. Further inspection and seems the gasket on the left crankcase cover has developed a very slow leak. "Great, now im screwed again since they already fixed it once..." i think to my self. I call him up again hoping they will take care of it. He tells me not to worry, and this time they will have a tech call me and setup a time for them to drive out and pick the bike up(its about 55 miles from my house).

So I'm just left quite amazed at how much they are willing to make things right. With that as is clause i signed, they certainly did not need to do any of this for no charge. Don't know the laws in my state on the subject, so not sure if they are just doing what they are forced to or not. Still I am quite pleased with their service, and the way they handled me and my purchase experience. So i will certainly be going back there if possible for any future purchases.

The dealer in question is Miller's Motorsports on Connellsville Rd just outside of Uniontown PA(Southwest PA region). A Yamaha/Star Motors dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

And no, none of this was happening when the bike was at the dealer. Needed maybe another 30+ miles before it started to show signs of leaking.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 07:46 PM

Garage
Mirthen that's good to hear for a change from what many of us have experienced in the past. Maybe Miller's just has a good manager that believes in the old school philosophy of taking care of their customers. One can hope at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 09:11 PM

Sounds like they know that there is a good chance for an upgrade in the future and would like to have that business. It is a good idea and probably will benefit both parties in the long run. Good old school business model....earn your customers' loyalty not just their business.

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Yea I know Miller's too. They are very nice people to deal with. Glad they took care of ya. I've never had any servicing done there as I do all that myself but they always seem to go that extra little bit to try and help ya out.

Sonysnek
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Mirthen, with my wife being from Brownsville I've wanted to visit this place the last few times we've been back but never got around to it. The next time we go back I will stop by and commend them on their service. That's great to hear how much they did to make your purchase a worthwhile experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode