VS 1100 Vs. Ducati Monster 1200 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
VS 1100 Vs. Ducati Monster 1200

So my little brother has a Ducati Monster. We went out riding last night. Did about 90 miles on various country/mountain/twisty roads.

Did I hold my own? Oh hells no. He could run rings around me at will. I could accelerate full-throttle and he'd blow right by me like I was standing still. His bike goes from 60-120 in about the time it takes me to downshift. Through the twisties I had no hope. No contest at all.

I won, though.

Why? Because after an hour or so on the bikes, we got off. I dismounted, walked over to order an ice cream at the custard stand where we stopped and had a lovely cup of dessert. It took him 5 minutes of stretching, groaning and rubbing his back before he could really even stand up straight and come order...

YMMV of course. It remains an incredible bike. Just not my cuppa.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 07:50 PM

Garage
How do you like your Mustang seat? I have a 2000 1100 Classic and get some numbness after about 45-60 minutes. Considering a new seat or something like an Airhawk, so collecting opinions.

Did a 130mi each way ride to the ocean and back with a friend on a Ninja, and he was in Hell when we were done. Besides the numb rear I was feeling great! LOVE my V-Star!

2000 V-Star 1100 Classic
600w Amplified Stereo
USB Charge Ports
Hard Leather Saddlebags
Mustang Vintage Two Piece Saddle
Chrome Engine Guard
Puyallup, Washington
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogrande79 View Post
How do you like your Mustang seat? I have a 2000 1100 Classic and get some numbness after about 45-60 minutes. Considering a new seat or something like an Airhawk, so collecting opinions.

Did a 130mi each way ride to the ocean and back with a friend on a Ninja, and he was in Hell when we were done. Besides the numb rear I was feeling great! LOVE my V-Star!
Love the mustang seat and find it very comfy indeed. Longest no-break ride I've done is around 3 hours, and hopped off feeling fine.

I know some others here vehemently disagree though, and find it "pushes them" too forward toward the tank... YMMV.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 02:17 AM

Well....After an hour on my 1100, I would want to get off, lol.

2013 H-D FXS Blackline
2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
1980 XS650 Bob (in progress)
1981 XS650

USMC - 0331 - OEF
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogrande79 View Post

I just installed an AirHawk R on Saturday. This is after having an Ultimate not work out for me. So far, I like it. However…it does give you a little bit of a sensation of sitting on a balloon. The air pockets move under and provide more support in areas that have less pressure…for me, that is under my thighs, so I get somewhat of a tilted seat cushion…which is fine for me, but maybe not others. Seats and seating positions are so subjective. Others have mentioned not liking the feeling that they don't feel connected to the seat, which I don't care about. The AirHawk will also sit you higher, so if you like to sit down in the bike, this is not for you.

600 mile trip coming up this weekend…so, that will be the true test.

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode