Riding group - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Annielikeslyrics
  • 4 Post By baldddguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Riding group

I've been thinking about joining a riding group and wanted to get any input from you all.

Any members of Star Touring or CMA willing to talk about their experiences.

If i qualified i would join the combat vets but was never in a combat zone. So any other groups for Military that would take a retiree would interest me.

2014 V-Star 950 Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

bump. i know i've seen at least one or two on here that are members of the Star Touring group.
i'm a member of B.A.C.A. i know of some retired military that are part of the Patriot's Guard that seems like a really great cause. what kind of info are you looking for?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 09:12 AM

I have riden with the group up here with nothing but good results. A few things I have noticed is they don't talk about what you do or church stuff which is weird because most of the time people are curious about someone new to the group. All this group does is ride for the ride and stop only at food/gas stops. We will join the group for more riding next year. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 08:09 AM

I checked out the local star group near me but wasn't feeling them. I started riding with a local meet up group and I really enjoy that. They are definitely a ride to eat, eat to ride group which is lovely...sometimes. The group has gotten really large and I ended up getting a local group of Women On Wheels going...just in its infancy but so far so good. Very enjoyable to meet other people, get other ride ideas. Women On Wheels is family friendly so men and children are welcome, they just don't vote, keeping it a female centric but not exclusive organization. Definitely check out Meetup for some other groups. My best advice is to see how they organize their rides and see if there is a match for you in terms of safety. I don't like to ride with groups that block or allow people to switch sides...too much potential for accidents.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Annie
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 08:12 AM

I've been riding with the STAR touring group for 3 years. Nice folks, enjoyable rides. Some ride Harleys or Goldwings or Spyders. We don't care - we just enjoy the rides and lunches together.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode