Dinner with Jamie - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Dinner with Jamie

Tonight I had the opportunity to take my adopted niece, Jamie, out to dinner on my 950t.
Jamie is having major surgery this Tuesday morning, and lost her husband two months ago unexpectedly. Her husband was 28 years old, and they have three little girls.
Jamie knows what a stress reliever riding is for me, and agree to be my passenger tonight. We went to Olive Garden for dinner, then a short ride on the interstate.
Since we've returned, she hasn't stopped talking about how beautiful the stars were tonight, and how relaxed she is facing surgery. I think she's a convert now, and I snapped these two pics of us, and her on the bike in the parking lot. I told her she's now a biker babe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441597918672.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	48137   Click image for larger version

Name:	1441597933511.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	48145  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Tonight I had the opportunity to take my adopted niece, Jamie, out to dinner on my 950t.
Jamie is having major surgery this Tuesday morning, and lost her husband two months ago unexpectedly. Her husband was 28 years old, and they have three little girls.
Jamie knows what a stress reliever riding is for me, and agree to be my passenger tonight. We went to Olive Garden for dinner, then a short ride on the interstate.
Since we've returned, she hasn't stopped talking about how beautiful the stars were tonight, and how relaxed she is facing surgery. I think she's a convert now, and I snapped these two pics of us, and her on the bike in the parking lot. I told her she's now a biker babe.
Glad she enjoyed the ride and I bet she completely forgot the bad for a little while. You say major surgery but may we ask what? Hope everything goes well with surgery. Sorry for her and the kids loss. They will need alot of support from friends and family and you are doing your part. Definitely a biker babe.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

thanks for sharing

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 05:49 AM

You did good Keith

I'm always working very diligently to discover the obvious.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:10 AM

Garage
That's great that she got some time to get out with u and just enjoy what we all take for granted. I hope all goes well with her surgery.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks everyone, she's having a total hysterectomy and repair on other female organs. She's only 27 herself, and she's scared. The last few months she hasn't gotten been able to get out and get away for an evening. Timing was good for both of us, so we took advantage of it. She kept texting me until midnight last night about how much getting out and seeing the stars and feeling the night air relaxed her.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Thanks everyone, she's having a total hysterectomy and repair on other female organs. She's only 27 herself, and she's scared. The last few months she hasn't gotten been able to get out and get away for an evening. Timing was good for both of us, so we took advantage of it. She kept texting me until midnight last night about how much getting out and seeing the stars and feeling the night air relaxed her.
WOW! The only good thing with that surgery is that it is low risk and usually are no complications. Keep up with the support you are giving her as she will need it.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM

+10 on what everyone else said. Hope ll goes well. That bein said , looks like she needs one of her own.(bike). One of the best stress relievers I know of.

Sonysnek
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Update: Jamie made it thru surgery with flying colors and is resting comfortably. I told her several members commented on my thread about her. She asked me to please update everyone, and said thanks. She also said after she's able, she wants to go riding more to see if a bike is in her future.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 03:24 PM

Garage
Good news to hear Keith. Thoughts, prayers and a future visit to the dealership going your way.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode