thoughts on crash? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

thoughts on crash?

thoughts?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 05:03 PM

I think that's why I hate to ride in the rain.

And I think it's pretty pathetic that's there are two people and a bike laying on the side of the road and no one bothers stop and check on them but another rider. And here all this time I thought folks in the US were inconsiderate.
But seriously...they were both lucky in every aspect of that crash. From how they went down, to the slide, even down to where they stopped. Both of them and the bike off the shoulder out of the flow of traffic.
I'm curious about what the tread on his tires looks like? I myself didn't see any real obvious cause.

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Premium Member

Had to be scary for the girl, she looked really shook up. I think they hydroplaned, it looked like a heavy stream of water running on the road and it sounded like the rpm's spiked as they went down. I do not think they were in the US but I could be wrong. Too bad, hate to see anyone go down.

LoupGarou

2005 V Star 1100 Classic, Mustang seats, Baron ORK, risers and Star handlebar, AIS removed, muffler baffles removed, run/turn/brake light controller, modulating headlight, pods installed in air box, progressive front springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 10:04 AM

My first thought was hydroplaning also, especially since they were going straight. There could have been an oil slick, a foreign object or something else that we didn't see that kicked the tire out of track.

I'm always working very diligently to discover the obvious.

Last edited by commonground; 09-18-2015 at 10:08 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-18-2015, 11:01 AM

Not sure what kind of thoughts you're looking for but mine is that that is the best high speed 2 up wash out, ever; both geared up, wet surface helped reduce friction, slid to a pretty darn nice stop all things considered.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 04:28 AM

Pretty scary, I'd like to see the tires though. Glad they were both OK.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 10:07 AM

Garage
I really avoid riding in the rain at all just because of such "it just happened" problems... Luckily, my riding is just for pleasure, no commuting or anything, so I basically have the luxury of just not going out if there's a chance fo rain...

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
My thoughts EXACTLY Casey, I do not ride in the rain. If I get caught > my bad. But the act of getting caught is avoided at all cost. To easy to loose it in a patch of oil laid down by a vehicle
and or over abundant rainfall which makes for very slick roads.

Best to not have to ride in the stuff. I have two other vehicles besides the vstar so it stays in the garage during fowl weather.

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

i've seen several people post about how no cars/trucks stopped to help them, but when he starts walking back towards the bike, it does look like there is a vehicle up ahead that did stop.
my main thought is that this is one of the coolest/luckiest spills i've seen. it looks like they were in a water park the way he immediately grabbed her and they slid together. if you're gonna go down, it's probably better to hydroplane/slide than to tumble over and over as your limbs and body repeatedly slam against the street.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode