My new exhaust got delivered yesterday, and....my bike was vandalized - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation My new exhaust got delivered yesterday, and....my bike was vandalized

I won an auction for a set of Hard Krome 2.75" Big Straights on Wednesday and got a text from my wife while at work on Friday saying that it got delivered (A week early )! I was obviously excited to get home and install it, but when I went outside to show a coworker the bike at lunch break, I noticed that somebody had kicked and broken my tail light cover!

I was absolutely livid. Work is the ONLY place I'd ridden this week, and it was not broken Monday. So that started turning my good day into a bad day. Well, better yet, I get home and the box for the exhaust looked like it was crushed during shipping and had some kind of tracks on it. I took pictures of every side of the box and the way everything was packed in. As far as I can tell, the exhaust wasn't damaged in any way, but I've only examined one of the pipes, wanting to leave it wrapped up until I'm ready to install, which I can't do until Wednesday because I forgot to order my crush gaskets.

Here's a picture of the tail light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

could have been worse. are you sure someone didn't accidentally back into it? i'm guessing no security cameras on the parking lot?
if you haven't already, i'd call the company that shipped the pipes to let them know as soon as you can. the sooner the better. then when you open them all up, if there is any damage, you've already got a claim going.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 09:46 AM

I live 2 blocks from the town festival and parade zone...and it was this weekend. All my cars are parked off street during this event. Outside yesterday a car pulls up to my driveway to try and inch in on the street. Not wanting to block my driveway he keeps backing up until he smacks the car behind him. He gets out, checks the driveway clearance, gets back in and backs up AGAIN into the car. He gets out and asks me if that was an OK parking spot. I just said "It is now". He looked at the other car briefly for damage (or should I say he checked HIS car) and went on to the fair. I put a note in the other guys windshield for him "just in case".

Sometimes it just seems impossible to have something nice and keep it that way when you're the only one who cares. It seems like the "screw you it's all about me" population has increased exponentially in these past years.

FYI, I hope those pipes are OK. I think you'll love them.

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
could have been worse. are you sure someone didn't accidentally back into it? i'm guessing no security cameras on the parking lot?
if you haven't already, i'd call the company that shipped the pipes to let them know as soon as you can. the sooner the better. then when you open them all up, if there is any damage, you've already got a claim going.
If somebody backed into it, I'm sure it would've been worse. Plus there was what looked like part of a bootprint on it when I first noticed.

No cameras in the parking lot, the company next door has some angled towards the general direction but I was parked about 6 foot away from the edge of the camera's view.

Also, thanks for the advice on contacting the company. I'll do that first thing tomorrow morning after checking the bottom pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkn View Post
Sometimes it just seems impossible to have something nice and keep it that way when you're the only one who cares. It seems like the "screw you it's all about me" population has increased exponentially in these past years.

FYI, I hope those pipes are OK. I think you'll love them.
I hear you on that. Just 2 weeks ago while at Walmart, my car got hit on BOTH sides while I was in store. I didn't notice until I got home and was told they "can't do anything about it" because I left the premises before reporting the damage.

And for the exhaust, just waiting on crush gaskets. I can order them tonight and have them by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Anybody here have the part numbers? I read that the front and rear gaskets were different but only one part number was mentioned in the article.

Last edited by Ryker; 09-20-2015 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Added to my reply
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-2015, 01:16 AM

That is how certain events turn a good day into a bad one. The damage doesn't appears to be much though. It can be repaired quickly. As far as the exhausts getting crushed during shipping is concerned, you must immediately contact the company and tell them about it. If there is any damage in the exhausts, they may even replace it if you contact them right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode