Got my wife on a bike! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By caseyjones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got my wife on a bike!

Well a "bike"...

Picked up a used Qlink Legacy 250 for ridiculous-low price. Yeah, it's basically a scooter made to look like a motorcycle. But after years of trying it was the last-ditch effort to ride with her.

Actually favorably impressed with it. Yeah, yeah... made in China. it's got 4400 on it, and I don't expect it to get to 10K before it falls apart like the blues-brothers mobile at the end of the movie. But for the price... I'm fine with that.

It's no barn-burner, but it accelerates reasonably well and would do its supposed-top-speed of 58mph easily enough even hauling my 250lbs without straining or sounding ragged. Considering my typical 'back roads, fairly mellow' riding style that rarely exceeds 50 anyway, she could certainly stay with me on it.

She tooled up and down the street a bit, then expanded to around the neighborhood, then went off to a friend's house to show it off. We've considered scooters before, but she turned up her nose. Because this looks like a bike, she was okay with it.

Yeah, the no-shifting thing was a key part. But funnily enough, the built-in radio was a big hit with her.

And maybe, just maybe if we get the 'urge' going with her, she'll decide to graduate to something a little more... real.
commonground and commonground like this.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Garage
Sounds like a good start anyway cj, but where's the pic's of it? The no shifting part may interest my better half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode