How much gear do you wear? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

How much gear do you wear?

I rarely ride without complete protective gear - so today I weighed my gear. Helmet, leather vest, jacket, leather over pants, gloves and (don't forget) ear plugs. All together, that stuff (including batteries in my heated gloves) weighed 18.5 pounds. (I always wear boots - even when I don't ride.)

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 09:30 AM

ATGATT, minus the leather vest and overpants...........
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 03:08 PM

I always wear pants, boots, gloves, and a helmet. For summer time commutes I usually go without a proper jacket, it's too damn hot here and I don't want to be rank by the time I get to class. During winter, I add the jacket (textile or leather) to the commute.

If I'm going for a dedicated ride, no real destination, I wear more gear. During summer, that means the addition of a textile jacket (sport bike) or a Speed & Strength armored flannel (cruiser). During winter, I'll add textile armored pants to the aforementioned gear for sport bike riding or chaps to the leather jacket for the cruiser.

I've never weighed any of it.

ETA: Back when I had my ZX636 I would ride in my Teknic track leathers, as I rode much more aggressively with that bike. I sold it back in 2012 and relaxed my riding a bit.

1986 Honda VT500C - On loan to a family member
2005 Suzuki SV650 - ADV project bike
2013 V Star 950T - Newest addition to the stable

Last edited by gunnerbob; 10-19-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 05:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldddguy View Post
I rarely ride without complete protective gear - so today I weighed my gear. Helmet, leather vest, jacket, leather over pants, gloves and (don't forget) ear plugs. All together, that stuff (including batteries in my heated gloves) weighed 18.5 pounds. (I always wear boots - even when I don't ride.)

Dave
I always wear a full-face helmet, boots and armored jeans.

During hot weather, I add to that mesh jacket & mesh gloves.

During cold weather, I add to that full leather padded & insulated jacket + insulated gauntlet leather gloves.

Never weighed it. But guessing the cold weather gear is well over 18 lbs. Leather jacket alone probably exceeds that.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode