Anyone buying a Camera this year? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Anyone buying a Camera this year?

There are so many cameras’ out there. Really hard to choose. We have done some comparisons and gotten a lot of feedback over the years. Put together some details and specifics on some of the most popular ones and thought I would share them. GoPro gets lots of attention, but there are some other great cameras out there. Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Sport Action Camera: Which One is Right for YOU?

May help as you are looking for gift ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPRO_GWB_main2__15332.1415308177.315.315.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	52905  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 06:20 PM

Garage
I bought a SJCAM 4000 wifi this past summer... I know it's called a poor mans GoPro, but, the research I did, mostly on YouTube, left me thinking I can get pretty much the same quality video as the afore mentioned much more expensive camera. Not to mention all the accessories are interchangeable. I've just recently taken pictures with it.... It does a very nice job. I didn't get it for taking pictures, was just messing around with it.... It has settings that look like fun.
Keeping in mind, a lot of criticism comes from "camera geeks" or "techies".... They have much more knowledge regarding the ins and outs of this sorta thing. For people like me, that look at the results of things more than all you can do to get there? (If that makes any sense lol) for an unnecessary "toy" the SJCAM 4000 made all the sense in the world for me.... Just my two cents.....
This is an amateur example of the camera quality....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	52913  

East Bay Rumbler
2000 Purple Roadstar
I.S.R.A. 6026
SCRC (Inactive)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 05:42 AM

I bought a GoPro 3+ Silver and it came bundled with the LCD screen back last year during the Black Friday online sales at BestBuy. Paid $250 for it and it came with a SD card as well. Was a good price I thought. Also bought the 3 button remote separately. Both work great, but I have only used it once

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode