EZ pass or Speed Pass - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

EZ pass or Speed Pass

Last summer I was doing some more riding on the interstate highway system so I got a speed pass so I could go through the appropriate high speed lane. Well I only ended up using it a couple of times, but when I checked my monthly bill it didn't show at all. I've got a small newer interior unit mounted on the back side of the windshield, but I don't think it goes through the windshield. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 08:27 PM

Garage
I can't help you there, we don't have speed pass in my area. I've only used it when renting a car out west or up north as it was supplied and attached to the inside of the windshield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I'm in the minority on this. Very few people ride the interstate and use the ez pass!! I prefer to use the other roads, state highways, but there are times when I need the interstate and will use that highway system. Going through a toll booth, removing gloves, standing up to get into a pocket to pull out a dollar bill or two is a pain in the neck. Speed pass or ez pass is just so simple, but I don't know if it goes through the windshield. It didn't record the couple of times through. I know that it works because I used it in Maine going through a toll there, but it was in my jacket pocket and took it out so it would register. I was riding with a small group of bikes and no one else had an ezpass. It was the first time I used it, but still stopped with the others as they paid their toll! Someone must have used one of these things??
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 09:14 PM

Garage
I used it on our rental car while visiting New England last April, and in Los Angeles visiting my brother in June of 2014.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 09:24 PM

Garage
My EZ tag is in my saddle bag as instructed in directions. Use is several times a week depending which way I ride to work. It has picked up everytime except once out of thousands. Got a notice in the mail for payment, they said iI was going too fast for it to pick up. That gave me a good laugh as it was 5pm in traffic.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY FIS View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I guess I'm in the minority on this. Very few people ride the interstate and use the ez pass!! I prefer to use the other roads, state highways, but there are times when I need the interstate and will use that highway system. Going through a toll booth, removing gloves, standing up to get into a pocket to pull out a dollar bill or two is a pain in the neck. Speed pass or ez pass is just so simple, but I don't know if it goes through the windshield. It didn't record the couple of times through. I know that it works because I used it in Maine going through a toll there, but it was in my jacket pocket and took it out so it would register. I was riding with a small group of bikes and no one else had an ezpass. It was the first time I used it, but still stopped with the others as they paid their toll! Someone must have used one of these things??
Do you have a side mount license plate?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 05:26 AM Thread Starter

Yes I've tried it on the inside of my bag. I stuck it to the top of the bag, but still didn't work. As far as speed I'm no speedster on the road, so I'm not sure what to do!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 06:25 AM

Garage
i have a windshield bag an when approaching i just reach in an pull it out an hold it up an put it back in the bag after going through. no problem. works for me. looks too ugly on the windshield. also if the shield is tinted it may not work.

POW/MIA Chairman
Lehigh Valley Chp.415
Vietnam Veterans
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Well I finally called the EZ-Pass Office in Hooksett, NH. I've tried calling 3-4 times before during the last of summer, but this time after 5-6 prompts, I actually got a live person, and a very helpful live person. She informed me that they have a specific transponder for motorcycles!!! Who new?? It fastens to the rear license plate bracket and is tilted up so it does get picked up by the receiver. Then I asked her, what about when I have luggage on the rack that is above the plate bracket, and she then said that If I have a windshield it can be fastened to the bolts that hold the windshield. I guess she and her friend have had the problem before!!!
But thanks for all the help!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Garage
Cool, glad you got it worked out, and that she was helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode