Columbia and/or Cabellas rain gear experience? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By YamaMassGirl
  • 2 Post By LouiCardsFan1983
  • 2 Post By YamaMassGirl
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
LouiCardsFan1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bowling Green,KY (Also lived in: Chicago, Nashville, Louisville, and Chattanooga)
Posts: 11
Columbia and/or Cabellas rain gear experience?

Just went to Cabellas and bought a Columbia rain jacket (PFG line) and Cabellas house brand rain pants. Anyone have any experience with these brands and riding? Can't find any reviews from a motorcycle rider point of view. Thanks in advance.
LouiCardsFan1983 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Moderator
 
YamaMassGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,094
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiCardsFan1983 View Post
Just went to Cabellas and bought a Columbia rain jacket (PFG line) and Cabellas house brand rain pants. Anyone have any experience with these brands and riding? Can't find any reviews from a motorcycle rider point of view. Thanks in advance.
I work at the Sports Authority. We carry Columbia and North Face. I bought the North face Resolve, and water beads right off it. I have worn it on my bike numerous times. It is windproof and water proof.

That being said, I love the Columbia brand. They are as good as Northface, and cheaper. Columbia makes a comparable jacket to the TNF Resolve. I forget what it's called. It's the one with the mesh lining. It should be waterproof, breathable, and wind resistant.
bevo1981 and bevo1981 like this.

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
YamaMassGirl is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
LouiCardsFan1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Bowling Green,KY (Also lived in: Chicago, Nashville, Louisville, and Chattanooga)
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMassGirl View Post
I work at the Sports Authority. We carry Columbia and North Face. I bought the North face Resolve, and water beads right off it. I have worn it on my bike numerous times. It is windproof and water proof.

That being said, I love the Columbia brand. They are as good as Northface, and cheaper. Columbia makes a comparable jacket to the TNF Resolve. I forget what it's called. It's the one with the mesh lining. It should be waterproof, breathable, and wind resistant.
Thanks for the reply. I am considering taking the Columbia back for a North Face. They are a little more expensive but the Columbia one that fit me in store has this big as Columbia on the arm-sleeve that I think is hideous. Nice clean all black look with the North Face but I wouldn't hesitate to wear that with some casual clothes.

Considering what I just said about exchanging the Columbia for North Face, the Columbia held up pretty nicely yesterday in a storm we got. Wasn't for sure if it was going to rain but it did. It didn't block the wind as nicely as I wanted. North Face was my first choice but you get what you pay for. North Face it is. Thanks again and enjoy the weekend ahead.
YamaMassGirl and YamaMassGirl like this.
LouiCardsFan1983 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Moderator
 
YamaMassGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,094
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiCardsFan1983 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am considering taking the Columbia back for a North Face. They are a little more expensive but the Columbia one that fit me in store has this big as Columbia on the arm-sleeve that I think is hideous. Nice clean all black look with the North Face but I wouldn't hesitate to wear that with some casual clothes.

Considering what I just said about exchanging the Columbia for North Face, the Columbia held up pretty nicely yesterday in a storm we got. Wasn't for sure if it was going to rain but it did. It didn't block the wind as nicely as I wanted. North Face was my first choice but you get what you pay for. North Face it is. Thanks again and enjoy the weekend ahead.
Northface and Under Armour are expensive, but both are excellent if you love to ride or be outdoors. On the bike I've been most comfortable in UA base layers, and Northface outerwear.

Also, if it is raining or seriously damp out then it's best to not have cotton layers. Synthetics that wick, (keep you warm or keep you cool are best).

With UA and TNF, you do pay more, but you should get a ton of performance that lasts.

Have fun!! Best to you!

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
YamaMassGirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome