Great anniversary ride - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes
  • 12 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By merc669

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Great anniversary ride

My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary yesterday. Having taken the day off I asked her what she wanted to do. She said a bike ride would be nice. Our first date was on a motorcycle. So to make the wife happy I said sure (you see my big smile). Then I asked her where to. She said we could go to Waco to see the Magnolia Farm store from the TV show Fixer Up, swing down to Austin to eat at a BBQ place she wanted to try. See I commute daily and we don't do much together on the bike anymore because there is always hauling something home, grandkid stuff or something like that. So I get the map out and see how many side roads I could take. We leave home in Houston at 9am, make our big circle around and get back home at 8pm. Total of 402 miles. Weather was great and bluebonnets in bloom. I know its tough to make the wife happy sometimes but this time it was easy.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 02:45 PM

Congrats on your 30th!! Sounds like a great time for both of you! I am sure you both will have fond memories of this!

Bill
Elk and Elk like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:02 AM

Congrats and Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a good time. Ours comes up in June and will probly do something very similar.

Sonysnek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 11:10 AM

Mixing HGTV into a nice ride.. You are a smooth operator! Must be doing something right. Happy Anniversary!

2011 V Star 950
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 PM

Garage
Happy 30th Anniversary to you both! What a super way for you to enjoy quality time together...and thanks for sharing that experience with us. YammyV
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. The wife even posted on Facebook how great of a day she had. She is now planning our next ride. I bought her an uclear 100 plus to match mine that I have been using for years. She really enjoyed the tunes and being able to talk to me. My son even called me and asked we were on the bike. I asked him why and he said mom was texting him. Guess that shows she was comfortable. I did find out that with cobra slash cuts above 70 conversation was difficult.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode