New gas pumps? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By Mom2sixqts
  • 4 Post By quarter45
  • 2 Post By tigrzeye
  • 2 Post By Klurejr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

New gas pumps?

I stopped on my way home from work to fill the bike with gas. What a major pain in the @ss that turned out to be! Put my card in the pump reader, it gave the ok to fill, then it "cancelled." Put card in reader a 2nd time, again tried to pump and...nothing would pump. Tried a 3rd time...nothing. Now I'm getting a little annoyed and its HOT and I'm in full gear. Walked inside and asked what the "secret" is. This is a brand new gas station, btw, open about one week. They said it had to make a seal and they would "help me." Insert card in reader( again)...ready, set, cancelled! Are you kidding me?! Insert card in reader (I'm really hot and sweaty now and my patience is dwindling)...message: See Cashier. I AM seeing the cashier, they are trying to "help me!" Go back inside to run my card inside because there have been too many attempts at the pump. Back to the bike, and...nothing! Apparently the hose has to make a "seal", but my tank is too shallow and the nozzle can't go in the tank far enough for that to happen. After much fiddling, they were able to "trick"it to get the gas flowing. What a hassle! Has anyone else ever encountered this issue? Is it a new pump nozzle design? A bike flaw? I ride a 2006 Yamaha VStar Silverado classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 02:15 AM

Never happened on the card yet but that hot and sweaty feeling with body armor on and under the sun is just irritating.

2006 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 05:57 AM

Now you know this is for your safety .. LOL!!! Someone, somewhere, spilled gas all over themselves or their car. It was probably
PEBCAK (problem exists between chair and keyboard) but they blamed it on the nozzle and there you have it, the new improved
safer pump.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 07:46 AM

Garage
I have not seen it, but I am in California. Perhaps it is a washington thing?

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 AM

Garage
I personally haven't seen it, but have heard of it. I can only imagine how irritating that would have been in full gear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode