Looking for a cruiser - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Looking for a cruiser

Ok so I'm looking for some recommendations for a cruiser (used). I am looking for a cross between a comfortable cruiser and a power cruiser. What I want to be able to do with this bike is cruise comfortably on the highway with or without passenger, need plenty of passing power, yet I want to be able to cruise the back roads and be able to carve the corners some. Now I know cruisers are not necessarily corner carvers and I know Corning clearance can be limiting and I'm not looking to play sport bike jockey either (I have a ZRX1200 for that). I just want a cruiser that I can cruise comfortably on and "carve" up the back roads when I want. I'm looking at the road star, Royal star tour deluxe, or stratoliner. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 04:14 PM

All great bikes.... What you need to do is go ride them all, then make a decision based on your needs. We are all different and look for different things in bikes. For me, My bike is the best....for you....only you can decide.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 06:49 PM

Garage
Welcome De, I think Sick Mick couldn't have said it any better. We're all different, and not the same size which does make a difference. Go sit on several and go from there. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

I agree with you both! Absolutely correct! I was also just looking to hear some people's experiences with any of those bikes and the type of riding they get out of them. I'm just doing my research on them for now and plan to buy next spring. Thanks for the replies!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 05:31 PM

Now this is just one of the reasons I like this forum. A question was posted which was answered by more than one responder. The OP acknowledged the answers and expressed thanks. That's the way all forums should work.

Jeff
BLUE BIKE CLUB
2012 V-Star 950T-Impact Blue

Kuryakyn ISO grips
Back-Off taillight modulator
OEM passing lights
OEM luggage rack
OEM engine guards, saddlebag guards and trim rails
Marlin Talon gauges
Show Chrome Headlight & Passing Light visors
Mustang 2 piece wide touring seat with backrest/studs
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:42 PM

I ride 100 miles a day round trip through the Catskills during the week and cruise around two up with my wife every once in a while - with plenty of power and fun.

VBoost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Ah! The original power cruiser. Great bike!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 05:17 PM

Garage
The V Max will certainly be the sportiest of the yamaha cruiser line up. I DD a Yamaha FZ1 and have a VStar 1300 touring for long trips. The bike is super comfy and handles quite well for it's size, the only draw back about canyon carving is the low placement of the floorboards can scrape, but they are actually designed to do that, they have replaceable pads and are able to spring up.

Mine is a 2007, bought it in April of 2015 for $4800 with 14k on the clock, just passed 20k today. Heading out tomorrow morning to do the Saddle Sore and Bun Burner challenges. Love it.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Klurejr thank you for the great input. That's what I'm looking for. Stories about owners bikes and their experiences on them. Love the FZ1! Looked at it when I was looking for my naked bike years ago. It was a hard choice between the FZ1 and the ZREX. I found the right deal on the TREX first and went with it. Couldn't be happier with it. I like the Vstar 1300. It will be on my list of choices.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 03:01 AM

Pretty sure you will end up with a great bike, good luck with deal. Post up some pics when you got one.

2006 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode