Really wanna thank you guys - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Really wanna thank you guys

So in my day job I'm a jewelry designer, me and my wife run a small jewelry business and make a bunch of biker bling which goes down pretty well with the stores and events we take it to. I don't wanna look like I'm promoting anything so I'll wait until I hear from a moderator about posting any info, but I'd like to return the good vibes by offering you guys a 50% discount on our range. My bike would still be square-wheeled in my garage if it wasn't for the help I'd had from you guys, really can't thank you enough =)

Hopefully this will be seen - either way it's all good and a big high five from a beautiful Friday in Montreal,

- J

Yamez - putting the Yam into Yamaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Garage
Here is the forum's rules on it. You can decide for your self.

Advertising, Marketing & Spam

1. - You may not use these forums to advertise your products, services, web sites, or otherwise solicit business or web traffic from the membership as a whole. Spam will be removed. This rule applies everywhere within This community, including the private message system.

2. - Links to your web site(s) are permitted in signatures. They should be of normal text size and may not contain, precede, or follow any additional marketing language. As per above, links to competing sites are prohibited and will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.

3. - Regular posters in good standing with This community will be allowed to talk about their website once in a while. Spamming a number of forums with this topic or only talking about their website will result in banning.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the info - like I said I don't want to look like I'm abusing anything here, just want to be cool and do the right thing. It's all good =)

- J

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:44 PM
KCW

Garage
Jimbo, that's pretty cool. How did you get into that?

many years ago I was looking at some of the stuff that prehistoric humans did and made, paintings, flutes, and jewelry. I wondered how hard it would be to make something simple, like a silver ring. I got a couple 99% silver coins, made a mold out of plaster, and made a pretty hefty plain band ring. I probably ending up filing and sanding off half the metal, but got it down to where I liked it.

It kinda looks like something a cave man would make in an open coal fire. It gave me a real appreciation for what people have been able to do for the last 200,000 years, and what a real craftman can do with skill and practice.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

I'm a trained silversmith, been working by hand with silver for over 20 years. Moved into casting about 10 years ago and more specifically with bronze, man I just dig the whole bronze thing - its history, its strength and especially the way it ages. I bought a 1500 year old bronze bracelet in Cambodia 15 years ago (near Angkor Wat, where they filmed the first Tomb Raider movie) - the thing had a bright emerald green patina and kinda set the ball rolling for my passion for bronze. I've loved working with it ever since.

I totally agree with you, few things I like better than to watch craftsmen at work. Glassblowing, pottery, metal forging - I'm a sucker for all that. Working on my bike has given me a whole new perspective on how to get my hands dirty, the more I learn the more I want to learn.

Kudos to you for having a go at making a ring - send me a picture if you have one, I'd love to see your handiwork.

Have a great weekend, hope you're somewhere where you can see the leaves changing. Me and my wife will be heading up North to Mt Tremblant in Quebec tomorrow - apparently its the best show the leaves have put on in years.

Cheers,

- J
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 10:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jimbonaut View Post
So in my day job I'm a jewelry designer, me and my wife run a small jewelry business and make a bunch of biker bling which goes down pretty well with the stores and events we take it to. I don't wanna look like I'm promoting anything so I'll wait until I hear from a moderator about posting any info, but I'd like to return the good vibes by offering you guys a 50% discount on our range. My bike would still be square-wheeled in my garage if it wasn't for the help I'd had from you guys, really can't thank you enough =)

Hopefully this will be seen - either way it's all good and a big high five from a beautiful Friday in Montreal,

- J
Personally I'd not have a problem with a single discreet mention in a post, or PM'ing those who express an interest. (Note: I'm just offering my 2c, IANAM - I am not a moderator). But especially since your business is at least -somewhat- bike related, I suspect you'd hear from a mod about it if you posted info and/or put a link in your sig.

2007 V-Star 1300

-Cobra Slip-ons
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Sounds like a plan - any idea how I can get in touch with a moderator? Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there =)

Cheers,

- J

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 11:50 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jimbonaut View Post
Sounds like a plan - any idea how I can get in touch with a moderator? Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians out there =)

Cheers,

- J
Starbikeforums Help Desk - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum This worked quickly for me.

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Thanks NGM for the link, just posted =)

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:14 PM

Garage
Check your pm inbox there J. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode