Awesome Wife thread. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Awesome Wife thread.

My wife messaged me a few minutes ago. "It is BEAUTIFUL outside lets take Yammagurl home." Its things like that that lets me know what an awesome lady she is. She knows how much I have fallen in love with riding, and how much I REALLY love riding with her. Who else is as lucky as me to have such a great partner in life?

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Garage
I am! I am!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NGM and NGM like this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Garage
For sure I do. She has gone on three trips with me this year, each being over 200 miles. The rides are so nice with her with me. Our first date over 30 years ago was on two wheels.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 10:11 AM

I firmly believe my wife likes to ride more than I do.

2005 Road Star Midnight
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:05 PM

I'm the lucky one........ My wife won't go near a bike. She does find me reasons too ride though and never complains when I spend money on mine. She even puts up with my having 2 bikes.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:46 PM

Yar, and ya can count me in on this one too. I think she enjoys it at least as much as me. She even finds excuses to just go for a ride just like me. Headin out today, after we return a Macaw that we have been baby sitting.

Sonysnek
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Garage
When my wife and I were dating, I told her from the beginning I was a hot rod/motorcycle geek, and have been since I was a little kid. I told her I own and ride my bike as much as possible, weather permitting. I asked her to please try not to change me, and I was not selling my bike, nor giving up my friends that I ride with. She said I'll be right back, and walked out with a helmet and leather jacket. She said I've taken the MSF course, but due to fibromyalgia, I can't grip the clutch lever. However I'll be the best passenger you could ask for. I married her, and she kept her promise.

YammyV, YammyV, NGM and 3 others like this.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
When my wife and I were dating, I told her from the beginning I was a hot rod/motorcycle geek, and have been since I was a little kid. I told her I own and ride my bike as much as possible, weather permitting. I asked her to please try not to change me, and I was not selling my bike, nor giving up my friends that I ride with. She said I'll be right back, and walked out with a helmet and leather jacket. She said I've taken the MSF course, but due to fibromyalgia, I can't grip the clutch lever. However I'll be the best passenger you could ask for. I married her, and she kept her promise.

I am sure you have, but did you look into a Max-Scooter like a Suzuki Burgman 650 if she wants to ride? Maybe a Can-Am Spyder. My wife has Carpel Tunnel and cannot work the clutch all day so she has a 500cc scooter. It will run highway speeds all day. I had it up to 90.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 02:59 PM

Garage
Actually we have, and we've agreed in the next year or so to look at a can-am.I shopped for one the old Hondamatics, but she said she'd prefer the can-am. She feels she's not strong enough to hold up two wheels, and the can-am has reverse which is also what she prefers.

NGM and NGM like this.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
NGM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Actually we have, and we've agreed in the next year or so to look at a can-am.I shopped for one the old Hondamatics, but she said she'd prefer the can-am. She feels she's not strong enough to hold up two wheels, and the can-am has reverse which is also what she prefers.

She will LOVE the CanAm.. Think of it as a Jetski on the road. That is what it feels like to me at speed. Power steering, ABS, and if you get the Touring one it has enough room to pack for 2 weeks :-). Perfect for the retirement.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode