Passenger Seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Passenger Seat

I've been looking for a comfortable passenger seat for a while. Currently have a stock seat on a 2001 Vstar 1100 Classic. The driver seat is great for me, I can spent hours on it without issue. But my wife is good for only about an hour before she needs a stop. So I'm looking for a passenger seat that will work with the stock driver seat. Today while at the Lone Star Rally we looked at what seemed liked thousands of seats. My wife saw the Ulimate seat on several bikes and liked the looks, width and padding. Does anyone out there have experience with the Ulimate seat or recommendations for other brands. Goal is to make wife happy without breaking the bank. I did go to 2 local seat upholstery shops and they were $250 plus and didn't seem to want my business. Any input appreciated.

V-Star 1100 Custom Passenger Seat - Plain or Studded

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
The driver seat is great for me, I can spent hours on it without issue. But my wife is good for only about an hour before she needs a stop. Goal is to make wife happy without breaking the bank.
I was faced with the same dilemma. I don't have a lot of extra cash to spend on motorcycle accessories, but my wife was very uncomfortable and I want her to continue riding with me. The options for passenger-only improvements are limited, especially when trying to maintain a good, clean look to the bike. I decided to bite the bullet and get the Ultimate driver, passenger, and backrest. Not only does she love it but I discovered that I could be a lot more comfortable than I thought I was.

Bart
'12 950 VStar Tourer
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 09:29 AM

Garage
The ultimate seat is an excellent choice. I've used the ultimate seat for 10 years and can comfortably ride all day. The passenger seat is a significant improvement over the stock one and will work with the stock driver's seat. I have the driver seat with backrest and the passenger seat. The nice thing about the seat is you can try it for two weeks and return it if you don't like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaycasaym View Post
...and will work with the stock driver's seat.
For some bikes, yes, but in this case apparently not. If you follow the link in his first post, Ultimate says "Yamahaź OEM passenger seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate V-Star 1100 Custom Midrider seat. Yamahaź OEM driver seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate passenger seat."

Bart
'12 950 VStar Tourer
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntswithhawks View Post
For some bikes, yes, but in this case apparently not. If you follow the link in his first post, Ultimate says "Yamahaź OEM passenger seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate V-Star 1100 Custom Midrider seat. Yamahaź OEM driver seat WILL NOT fit with the Ultimate passenger seat."
Thanks...my mistake. Odd that it doesn't work, since it does with my Roadstar. Thought it was of similar design.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I posted the custom seat instead of classic. The classic will fit. The rain I road in yesterday must have shrunk what little brain I had, HA HA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode