Bluetooth helmet system recommendation - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By lesblank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question Bluetooth helmet system recommendation

Wife and I both ride and it would be nice to be able to talk to each other. I've seen a handful of bluetooth headsets on Amazon, all with decent reviews. Does anyone here have experience with these systems? Not looking to drop a ton of $ on a system.

Thanks everyone!

Miguel
2009 Roadliner Midnight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:57 PM

Garage
Wife and I have used the Uclear 100 Plus for last 3 years. Works great and can easily be swapped between helmets. I used the Uclear for the first year with stock exhaust on an 1100 Vstar and we could talk easily at over 75mph. Put Cobra slash cut full exhaust on (love the sound) but lowered the clear conversation level down to about 60mph. Being a daily commuter I can tell you it was one of the best investments for the bike I have made (stream music, phone calls). Uclear has released their new Amp series and you can pick up the Uclear 100 Plus on sale right now. We live close to each other, if you want to meet up I will be more than happy to show you my set up. It would take 15 minutes or less to install in your helmet to try. Some of my friends have tried some of the cheaper ones and have not been happy. Get any good set and I think you can't go wrong.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home

Last edited by lesblank; 11-22-2016 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Can't spell
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hey thanks for the review! Which site has it on sale? I may take you up on your offer to see it. Thanks again and happy thanksgiving to you!

Miguel
2009 Roadliner Midnight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 12:13 AM

Garage
UClear HBC100 Plus Dual Helmet Intercom System | 714-872 | J&P Cycles

On closeout, might not be on sale long.
IM140.6 and IM140.6 like this.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:41 AM
NGM
Lifetime Premium

My wife and I use the Sena 10s. We can of course do intercom to each other, bluetooth from the phone for music or phone converstion, we can share the bluetooth music. The 10s will link to most other systems even those not made by Sena. It has an intercom range of up to a mile (advertised) I will say from experience that is a visible mile not an actual mile. It has 2 buttons and I can use it with my heaviest gloves on. Just my .02

No matter where you go there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
Dang! Looks like I missed out!

Miguel
2009 Roadliner Midnight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode