Any motogp fans? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Andy27012

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Any motogp fans?

Just curious, insane what they do with those incredible machines! Like automotive ballet! Rossi by far and away my favorite rider!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 08:15 PM

Garage
I'm right there with you Andy! They are poetry in motion. Rossi is my fav as well. Amazing how close to the asphalt they get cornering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 07:45 AM
Premium Member

I watched the whole series and loved it, it was an exciting year. I subscribed to MotoGP around June at a discounted rate, but I have already signed up for 2017. Of course I pull for the old man, it is incredible that he competes at the level he does at his age.

It is surprising to me that it is not popular in the US, it is very exciting to watch. The races are about 45 mins in length, around 20 to 24 laps and they even race in a light rain. Unlike NASCAR team members compete tooth and nail with each other, what happened with the Ducati team was crazy and proves the point.

Unfortunately there are no US riders to pull for but it is easy to find a couple to like, like Rossi, or maybe Dovizioso.

Season starts March 26 in Qatar, which is probably the least exciting track in the whole series, but still a great race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 03:36 PM

Garage
< - Big fan, I purchased the Application Service last year and loved it and auto-renewed for this year.

I like Rossi, especially after watching Faster and Fastest.

I am not a fan of Marquez because of how he purposely took the championship away from Rossi 2 years ago, but he did mature a ton as a rider last season.

I cannot wait to see what happens this year with Jorge going to Ducati and Vinales to Yamaha.

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Premium Member

Not a fan of Marquez either but man does that dude race on the edge of loosing control. Jorge is a force when he gets out front early, glad to see him replace Iannone after what he did to Dovizioso.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA1885445.0008.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	66417  

2005 V Star 1100 Classic, Mustang seats, Baron ORK, risers and Star handlebar, AIS removed, muffler baffles removed, run/turn/brake light controller, modulating headlight, pods installed in air box, progressive front springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode