vstar 650 jets - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
vstar 650 jets

all the information i see for jetting a vstar 650 say the carbs use the mikuni small round jets, even the dealer sold me the small round mikuni jets for my 650 classic but when i opened the carb their are 2 #90 large round mikuni jets they are definitely OEM they fit the emulsion tube perfectly, the small round jets have exactly the same dimensions as the large round except head diameter , it looks like you can use either one on a 650 has anyone else opened the carbs to find the large round 8mm instead of the small round 6mm that is supposed to be there???, i don't get it, why mine has 8mm jets

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:00 PM

Don't quote me but i thought i read or heard somewhere it was a change after a certain year. Don't remember which way or what year it changed. Now I'm racking the brain to remember what exactly it is i think i read.

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07midnightcustom View Post
Don't quote me but i thought i read or heard somewhere it was a change after a certain year. Don't remember which way or what year it changed. Now I'm racking the brain to remember what exactly it is i think i read.
there's a youtube video from cruiser customizing showing a 650 being re jetted and plain as can be a large round was removed and a small round installed, i asked about it and never got a reply from them, i was thinking like you that earlier years maybe used large jets and later they switched to small jet, i think i got it figured out on carbs that use fuel cutoffs the main jet screws down into the emulsion tube where only a small round jet will fit, so on bikes with the fuel cutoffs you must use the small head jets but bike without cutoffs you can use ether a small or a large

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers

Last edited by pauli466; 03-06-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:42 PM

That sounds familiar and makes sense

07 vstar 650 midnight custom
Ais disable, 4.5 inch risers, V&H cruzers, jetted with pods, viking saddlebags, Kuryakyn mini boards and memphis fats windshield, fuel solenoids deleted, star solo seat and 4 inch extensions. Boss audio sound system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode