Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

How to turn off the Star Venture Transcontinental Alarm System

8K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Jc06 
#1 · (Edited)
1. With the key fob I pressed the unlock button to deactivate the alarm.

2. I waited for the alarm to beep once resetting itself.

3. I pushed and held the unlock button on the fuel tank until the fuel door lid popped open.

4. I closed the fuel door lid.

5. Wait for the bike to make two beeps and the alarm will now be shut off to work on the bike, the red alarm indicator on the dash will stop blinking and will now be off.

6. To reactivate the alarm I started the bike and shut it off and the alarm was working again. You might be able to cycle the ignition on and off without starting the bike but I did not try that.

There may be a timer to do this within so many seconds to prevent anyone from just walking up to the bike and disabling the alarm. I also had the key fob with me next to the bike when I did this.

UPDATE

You don't have to start the engine to reactivate the alarm.

1. Set the red engine stop switch to stop.

2. Push down on the ignition knob to activate it and then turn the knob to the run position like you were going to start the engine as normal.

3. Let the system go through its entire start up procedure until it gets to the accept screen, press accept.

4. Now turn off the ignition and wait for the alarm to beep once.

5. The alarm is now reset and blinking on the dash again.

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow I didn't know you could turn the alarm off. Never really wanted to but didn't know. Good info though in case I need it.
I guess this will happen to be accident playing with the different features. Also I didn't know much about this bike until the day I saw it and bought it so I read thru the manuals a few times and then a crap load of you tube videos and then you read a post like this. What disarm the alarm. Nice.

#3 ·
It comes in handy when you are cleaning the bike or doing some maintenance to it, the alarm sets itself in a short amount of time and when you move something it can set off the alarm, so this is just a nice thing to know when cleaning or doing some work on the bike.

I set the alarm off a few time before I discovered this and now I don't have to worry about it anymore when I clean the bike or put it on my J&S Jack.

#6 ·
Bill, I have set the alarm off, by merely at home, getting off the bike...unpacking the bike...and then walking the bike into the garage...so, for now..I have as soon as I get home, I open and close the fuel door. Then, when the bike is situated in the garage, as soon as I shut off the Proximity Key Fob, the bike resets itself...as the bike switch is set to Park/LOCK and the alarm goes through its diagnostic, and resets automatically. Try that 'also' method.

I am soon going to replace the OEM alarm tweeter membrane with a really good motorcycle air horn, and will really need to remember to do the open/close fuel filler door tap dance...so I don't p*ss off my neighbors every time I come home! That new alarm-air horn would certainly do that!

Cheers,

#9 ·
Turn it off works but ya gotta do it every time you turn the key. The sensitivity settings are awesome - found that in the book - thanks Chief; I have unplugged the siren, as it is my experience that no one pays attention...at bike week, NH, alarms were going off all over the place. Beyond an occasional look-see, there was no measurable level of interest. I'll plug it back in when I go on road trips, overnights, etc.

#10 ·
1. With the key fob I pressed the unlock button to deactivate the alarm.

2. I waited for the alarm to beep once resetting itself.

3. I pushed and held the unlock button on the fuel tank until the fuel door lid popped open.

4. I closed the fuel door lid.

5. Wait for the bike to make two beeps and the alarm will now be shut off to work on the bike, the red alarm indicator on the dash will stop blinking and will now be off.

6. To reactivate the alarm I started the bike and shut it off and the alarm was working again. You might be able to cycle the ignition on and off without starting the bike but I did not try that.

There may be a timer to do this within so many seconds to prevent anyone from just walking up to the bike and disabling the alarm. I also had the key fob with me next to the bike when I did this.

UPDATE

You don't have to start the engine to reactivate the alarm.

1. Set the red engine stop switch to stop.

2. Push down on the ignition knob to activate it and then turn the knob to the run position like you were going to start the engine as normal.

3. Let the system go through its entire start up procedure until it gets to the accept screen, press accept.

4. Now turn off the ignition and wait for the alarm to beep once.

5. The alarm is now reset and blinking on the dash again.
When towing my SVTC aboard my bike trailer, I always open up the fuel door, and wait for the 20 second delay two beeps, and then press it closed again. The very first time I used the Stinger, I did not do that...and could hear the alarm behind me spouting off...and people looking at the bike, like it was a count down to explode, lol! I then remembered the Fuel Door Jedi Trick, pulled over into a parking lot. Did that...and no longer did the bike's movement trigger the Alarm. BTW, while some of us don't think the volume and pitch would attract much attention....I saw with my own eyes, how many people were looking the bike as I pulled up to a red light or stop sign...or with it sounding off, due to running down the road...and people passing me, with their eyes asking W.T.H ?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.