No Eluder riders?!?!? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

No Eluder riders?!?!?

Just struck me...there is no active posting by any Eluder owners. Wonder why that is...yes...the same basic engine and frame as the SVTC,...but, there is still a different 'nuance' to owning one...and would think the owners of these fine baggers, would be more forum-vocal. Was just thinking....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 02:37 PM

From my understanding people are wanting the Venture and passing on the Eluders. I think it has to do with the fact the Venture comes with the large adjustable windshield and reverse while the Eluder doesn't.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
From my understanding people are wanting the Venture and passing on the Eluders. I think it has to do with the fact the Venture comes with the large adjustable windshield and reverse while the Eluder doesn't.
So, possibly this can be a 'back door' approach to accessorizing an Eluder to get as close to an SVTC as possible. Asking prices this Fall, or even sooner, could let 'as close as it gets' riders to get onto a 113 C.I. 'SVTC' saddle for cheaper...

Dealers will be much more approachable for 'let's make a deal' on the bagger. I wonder if you can add the electric windscreen as a 'kit' to the fairing?, but probably not the Sure Park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 05:08 PM

Garage
I think it's the name
nurtaeff likes this.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
I think it's the name
...and who's to say that could not be in play. Names as well as colors absolutely do effect whether is a sale of anything to one purchaser or the other.

The only ones though, that in my mind, come to the forefront for not liking the name, Eluder, would be peace officers....for as you pass...and they see you....they will think...." Ah HUH!, there goes another 'Eluder'.....trying to get away, Buckko?!?. I'm on your tail!!!!"

Yeah...probably, not! LOLOLOLOL.

Joe
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 03:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRider View Post
I think it's the name
Whoever came up with that name has to resign and stay away from naming things...

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

An appeal from an SVTC rider...

Open Appeal;

To all Eluder owners...please...how 'bout you become more 'vocal' within this forum! Personally, I'd love to read about your road and ownership experiences. My bike might share the same engine/transmission/power transmission to the rear wheel, but the Eluder and its owner intent, and usage, is of a totally, different rider mindset, and where they might ride with their Eluder. How you accessorize your Elude. The pride in your choices and ride!

So...if you are reading this...WE ARE INTERESTED in your ride...and this forum is not all about the SVTC. Please...plump up the forum and join in. We know you are out there, Eluder riders!

An interested party,

SVTC Joe

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 07-07-2018 at 02:56 AM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 06:53 PM

I'm an Elder owner, Absolutely love this bike!. The bike is so easy to move around, that the reverse gear really isn't required. It has a fixed windshield and Yamaha offers a Medium windscreen for around $150. I was looking at Road Glide's, and this the Yamaha was priced around the same as the Road Glide standard. I got the GT model, and it comes blacked out from the factory. I think Yamaha really did a good job with these bikes, and I look forward to seeing what the aftermarket comes up with for us.

-Yank
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellionFTW View Post
I'm an Elder owner, Absolutely love this bike!. The bike is so easy to move around, that the reverse gear really isn't required. It has a fixed windshield and Yamaha offers a Medium windscreen for around $150. I was looking at Road Glide's, and this the Yamaha was priced around the same as the Road Glide standard. I got the GT model, and it comes blacked out from the factory. I think Yamaha really did a good job with these bikes, and I look forward to seeing what the aftermarket comes up with for us.

-Yank
Glad to hear from you and welcome to the board, please don't be shy about posting your experiences on your awesome new motorcycle.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
Glad to hear from you and welcome to the board, please don't be shy about posting your experiences on your awesome new motorcycle.
And don't forget pictures.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode