Overall Fuel Mileage 2018 Yamaha Star Venture - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 546
Overall Fuel Mileage 2018 Yamaha Star Venture

I reset my overall average fuel economy once after I bought the bike and have now run it for about 2,800 miles and my overall average on the read out is 40.4 MPG. That is several tanks of fuel run through the engine mixed city and open road riding, with about 70% two up and 30% one up riding.

Total mileage on the bike right now is 4,202 miles, the glare from the sun blocked out the mileage on the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0333.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	81114  
American is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
GARider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 362
Thanks American this is better than what I get but I ride like I stole it. I will know better when I ride north to Tennessee. I will report back when I get back from the tail of the dragon what mileage I got.
Thanks.
GARider is online now  
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 546
Another fill up, this one 159.0 miles and 3.7 gallons of gas.

159 / 3.7 = 42.97 MPG

Heat was 93 degrees today during the ride. Engine heat was a none issue.
lesblank likes this.
American is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:22 PM
Senior Member
 
GARider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
Another fill up, this one 159.0 miles and 3.7 gallons of gas.

159 / 3.7 = 42.97 MPG

Heat was 93 degrees today during the ride. Engine heat was a none issue.
American,
Thanks again for the update, I'm hoping that I can get the same. ����
GARider is online now  
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 546
Short ride yesterday had to dodge rain storms that meant turning around and finding alternate routes home, longer 2 1/2 hour ride this morning before the rains hit this afternoon. Tank was all two up riding with the wife.

Gallons 4.092

Miles 188.7

Average MPG 46.11

Hand calculated.

This Yamaha Star Venture is capable of some outright awesome fuel mileage.
American is offline  
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 546
I should note I only run top their fuels, 95% Chevron, the other 5% between Shell and Mobil. Top Tier fuels have more detergents in them than the federal government requires and were developed by vehicle manufactures and the oil companies. Chevron Techron is one of the very best fuel additives to keep your engine clean it helps to keep carbon from building up on the pistons and valves and keeps the fuel injectors clean.

When I can't get Chevron I use Shell or Mobil both of whom are also Top Tier fuels as well.
American is offline  
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
GARider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
I should note I only run top their fuels, 95% Chevron, the other 5% between Shell and Mobil. Top Tier fuels have more detergents in them than the federal government requires and were developed by vehicle manufactures and the oil companies. Chevron Techron is one of the very best fuel additives to keep your engine clean it helps to keep carbon from building up on the pistons and valves and keeps the fuel injectors clean.

When I can't get Chevron I use Shell or Mobil both of whom are also Top Tier fuels as well.
American, thank you. I will give the Chevron fuel a try.
GARider is online now  
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 809
Canadian Shell 91 octane, Premium Nitro blend (100 percent ethanol free)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

42-44 all the time now...two up.

47 (never have gone over this) about three times so far since May 6th.

This is 33% better than any mean average fuel burn on our past 2008 GL1800. Same real-world power...same passing time, same, same...but at 33 percent less fuel burn. LOVING IT! My wallet's loving it...

"Joe", the Knight said, "you chose wisely"....

"Yes, Sir stuck-in-this-cave, I apparently did just that!"....
"By the way, can I keep this chalice?" My wife loves the color scheme...."

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 07-05-2018 at 07:41 PM.
YamahaParExcellence is offline  
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Chicoutimi, Quebec
Posts: 174
Garage
It's a bit different for me here in Canada. The gallons are different for one thing and we use the metric system for mileage and fuel quantity. I get 65 miles per gallon with my V-Star 650 .... 21 km per liter of fuel. I use the cheapest fuel I can find. My tank holds 16.1 liters of gas.
KCW likes this.

1999 V-Star 650 Classic
Dabluz is offline  
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Cape Coral, Florida
Posts: 546
Overall average mileage multiple fill ups over 3,000 miles is now up to 40.9 MPG. Filled up this morning 120.1 miles 2.785 gallons of fuel for a 43.12 MPG hand calculated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0346.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	81222  

Last edited by American; 07-07-2018 at 11:25 AM.
American is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome