Charlotte (my SVTC) has a nickname.... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Charlotte (my SVTC) has a nickname....

from yesterday's ride up north, her nickname is now;

'Stump Puller'.

I was on a two lane country road, heading to Willow Beach, on Lake Simcoe yesterday, late morning, and came upon one tractor trailer, and three cars. The lead car was being driven in a 50 mph section of road, like it was a farm tractor. The usual little ol' lady behind the wheel....

...well, when I had the chance due to an opening in the opposite flow of traffic, (and forgetting that I usually slip Charlotte into Sport Mode before any passing attempts...but forgot to...) I told my gorgeous, beautiful wife to hang on to the chops...turned on my left turn signal and buried the throttle rotation!

...well...I got a performance outta this V-Twin, like no tomorrow! WE MOVED OUT, man...we MOVED OUT, and passed those cars and tractor trailer, from a starting 42 mph, that when I finished my pass, was warping at 95 mph, until I put on the binders...(50 mph zone...!) and brought her down to 60 mph.

This bike, PULLED SOME STUMP out there...yesterday. We were loaded up...with the both of us aboard...and Charlotte 'pulled stump'!

For anybody that might ponder, if this 79 horsepower, 126 (at crank) foot pound of torque engine can move this bike with full out pack, and two 'healthy' riders aboard....well...buy one, and find out for yourself...LOLOLOL.

Charlotte has a new nickname this morning.....Charlotte, the Stump Puller.... V-Twin engine torque, GAWD, but you gotta love it!

"Oh..forgot to comment...even in Tour Mode, when you bury the throttle at full rotation...hang on....hang on....even in Tour Mode....hang on....."!

Joe
Keith Post, Elk and Scrumdown like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 07-04-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 01:59 PM

YPE. I had another riding buddy tell me that he read up on this bike and stated that you can pull a tree out of the ground. Funny you named her Stump Puller. "Charlotte, the stump puller". Maybe call her or refer to her as "Charlotte the awesome stump puller".
I was staring on this forum that I had never had a need to go into sport mode and I live where I am always on the throttle.
I did try but will use this when I hit the dragon.
Happy 4th everyone.
Keith Post likes this.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 02:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARider View Post
YPE. I had another riding buddy tell me that he read up on this bike and stated that you can pull a tree out of the ground. Funny you named her Stump Puller. "Charlotte, the stump puller". Maybe call her or refer to her as "Charlotte the awesome stump puller".
I was staring on this forum that I had never had a need to go into sport mode and I live where I am always on the throttle.
Happy 4th everyone.
Just remember when we meet up at the Dragons Tail on the 14th that you have someone who ALSO has Sport Mode and can keep up!!
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 02:37 PM

Too funny. I will be the old man in the back.
Keith Post likes this.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 02:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Too funny. I will be the old man in the back.
I might be 58 but when I ride solo I’m accustomed to dragging the floorboard feeler!
Keith Post likes this.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM

I got to ask. I dragged the left side and scrapped hardware floorboard (not bad) and the side stand (ouch). Did you have the same experience or anyone on the svtc!
Not sure if it was just the crown in the road but none of my other bikes scraped there other than the floorboards.
Keith Post likes this.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
I got to ask. I dragged the left side and scrapped hardware floorboard (not bad) and the side stand (ouch). Did you have the same experience or anyone on the svtc!
Not sure if it was just the crown in the road but none of my other bikes scraped there other than the floorboards.
Had that happen before but it seems to be only on a specific corner the has an abnormal high camber to it. Also, when riding aggressively I set my suspension to 5 so that when solo it gives me better ground clearance and sharper cornering.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Happy 4th everyone.
Hi GAR!

"GAR, this is the most fabulous, stupendous, fun-filled, 'where-do-we-go-to-next', killer, momentous, extraneous, awesome, incredible, feature rich, stump pulling, awesome rear-end Thrummmmm, quiet at cruise, precise handling, rock 'n roll source-rich sound system, vibration free, POWERFUL, easy-to-love, need-to-add-an-extra-1/2 hour-to-answer-coffee shop/restaurant-questions-from-other-riders, best night illumination I have ever had the pleasure to sit behind, amazing-'bottomless' bring-the-kitchen-sink-on-tour.....owned Grand Luxury Tour Motorcycle, Dee-Dee and I have ever had the EXTREME pleasure to call our very own!"

Meet 'Charlotte', The Stump Puller!;

"Ok, I feel better, had that building up since May 6th, 2018. I feel MUCH better now....my shoulders are relaxed, once more..."

Happy 4th, all! Suck back those ribs, country fried chicken, pulled pork, cold beer, and play that music!

Joe
Keith Post likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 07-04-2018 at 05:30 PM.
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Gotcha. Thanks. Never had to adjust the shock. Still learning this bike.
Keith Post likes this.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 04:26 PM

I har ya, nicely put, this is exactly how I feel. Would you mind if I use this to explained to everyone when ask!
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode